Tugwell Creek: rigging area

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
jcpresto

Tugwell Creek: rigging area

Post by jcpresto »

I have been told by neighbours that the surfers are again deficating in the rigging area and not cleaning up, also camping in the site overnight, leaving dogs unattended at the site. I have had to clean up 3 times last year from this and it must stop.
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

Who poos in the rigging area? Weird.

As for the rest, I think it’s below the high water mark so people are going to be idiots and there’s not much you can do to restrict it other than ask.
Don't forget to bring a towel!
juandesooka
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by juandesooka »

The fellow parked there Thursday has his dog roaming free around his truck parked in the launch area while he was on the water. Nice dog once he knows you, but until then a bit of a barker. In will pass on the message when I see him next.
Atomic-Chomik
Website Donor
Website Donor

Tug well fiction

Post by Atomic-Chomik »

Just to be clear, do you mean the windsurfer launch or the kiter launch? I spend no time at the windsurfer launch but that crew is really quite detail oriented and kinda...fussy(sorry i had to guys lol) and i have a hard time seeing them leaving garbage around.

If it is pertaining to the kiter launch aka tug well creek I call BS on the "surfers deficating in the area". As one of those "surfers" we take great care in keeping the place clean and most certainly do not crap in the area or anywhere but a shitter. Bizarre comment. As well, you may want to alert the neighbors that it is a public beach area and that means there are many people who frequent the area...and leave garbage and such. Most don't. Lastly, none of us camp there(tugwell). I know this because we are there nearly everyday.
So basically, if one of the owners has a concern, they are more than welcome to come and discuss any issues they my have. In fact it is encouraged. Perhaps it may help them getting their story straight and alert us to any real issues.

Martyman
thankgodiatepastafobreaky

Post by thankgodiatepastafobreaky »

jcpresto. Please approach one of us 'surfers' next time you see us to get this story straight. Your comments are quite inflammatory and are not really appropriate to deal with your perceived problem with the 'surfers' since I doubt it was one of us. There are 2 locations that wind-'surfers' frequent.

1. Tugwel river mouth
2. Public right-of-way access to the ocean (along wooden fence)

Which one do you mean? The windsurfers use that public access, while the kitesurfers use the river mouth.

I highly doubt that anyone in the wind community was crapping anywhere there. I live right here and have not seen anyone camp at Tugwel Rivermouth but do see people pull into the right-of-way and camp on occasion. They are not part of the wind community you are blaming here. I can see that random campers from off the highway do crap there and leave garbage but don't blame us. We don't leave garbage as far as I have seen and also clean up after other random visitors like you do. Yes dogs are being left unattended and I wish they weren't. I understand your frustration. Maybe talk to the CRD? They have recognized our needs in the past and offered to cut down the Spruce Trees for us. We unanimously said NO don't cut them down. But maybe a pit toilet and/or garbage receptacle for the random off-road campers and visitors?

call me if you want neighbour
Greg Innes 642-2616
curses - foiled again!