Thanks for the feedback ...

We want your feedback: comments, complaints and suggestions for the website

bwd
Developer
Developer

Thanks for the feedback ...

Post by bwd »

I've scraped together some entertaining feedback messages that I've received since 2002!! This started as a top 10, but there are too many. I have more too.

Don't be offended if your message is here ... sorry :lol:

1) What`s up with the web cams ?

2) I have a request regarding the Willows Beach one .. it is just slightly off-level and sharing captured images would improve a lot if that could be corrected.

3) I guess your Cowichan Bay camera is dead? It's been stuck on the same image for well over a month and this is the only view of the bay while I'm overseas. Can somebody get it working correctly again? That ships heading never changes and besides that I'm told it's not even there any longer.

4) Just after 8.pm this evening October 3 somewhere out beyond Ogden point, I and several people in James Bay say a series of very strange large red/orange oversized star shapes rise hover and vanish. My camera was not working, phoned chek, and then had a rash of calls from friends. DID ANYONE CAPTURE THIS strange thing on a cell phone. If so Chek news wants it reported. First there were about 6 and as they slowly rose, one by one they went out, then several more successions followed.

5) Just a short memo to let the powers that be, to let them know that the Columbia Beach webcam has been out of service for about four months. Thanks for your time.

6) Bamfield cam not working

7) Hi all! I'm visting from germany for a few days and really wanna go windsurfing here. Is there a possibilty to rent stuff on Vancouver Island? I'm a windsurfer since 21 years and have advanced skills. It would be great to hear from you soon and I'll be thankful for a tip!

8) will Randy be giving NitNat updates / forecasts ?

9) The Gordons Beach weather station says there has been no rainfall this month. I live within 1 km of Gordons Beach. It rained today, and yesterday, and the day before that, etc. etc.

10) I am a registered user, but the tide diagrams are still out of date. Please inform why.

11) Hello BWD! We've heard there are huge waves heading towards the west coast as a result of a storm in Japan. This from a colleague whose husband works for the Coast Guard. Is there any indication on your charts this may be happening?

12) Flash required now for the Columbia beach webcam? Really? Now when on the road running around checking I can see it on my phone! Flash is old school! Switch back please!

13) Hi ; was wondering if you could check your " all time record high temps for Jul 06 2012" ; .. what I am seeing is a high of 45 degrees C at approx 01:57 am on that day; I live here and I don't remember that temperature at all; Please help !!!!

14) I enjoy the webcams and weather info and feel like I want to donate however, for example the Columbia Beach webcam and weather info, which I use the most...the temp is always waaaaay off. Currently it says it is 1.9 celsius. I live 2 miles away on the beach and my 2 outdoor thermometers read 9.0 and 9.4 right now. I know it is not 1.9, nor has it been 1.9 yet this fall. So what is up with this so called accurate information? If I felt I was getting reliable temp and wind readings, I would like to support this system. thanks.

15) Hello, I have a question so I send this message. Is it possible cooking in willows beach? I just want to cook with my friend and it will not take so much time, maybe one hour. And we will cook just BBQ on small gas burner which size is just like two books. please let me know as soon as possible because we have a plan on Saturday, 1st September 2012. Thank you

16) I love that you have this webcam at Cook/Dallas. I noted that the camera slightly moved because I can no longer see any cars parked along Dallas. Please reposition. I found it very useful to see if the car windows were icy - this made me better prepared to get my car ready i.e. take a bucket of warm water outside. Thanks. And yes, I can see the outside temperature but sometimes the windows were icy even if the temperature was above freezing.

17) I'm sorry to say this... but, your website needs an interface upgrade badly. It's gotta be one of the ugliest sites I use. Also a mobile version would be slick as I'm always on the road checking out winds and cams for surf on the east coast of VI.

18) In your instructions on how to set up the browser you are referring to Internet Explorer five and six. I don't know how to break this to you but this is nearly 2012 and we are currently using Internet Explorer nine. I have not observed anyone using Internet Explorer five or six for several years. Just think about the idea of updating your information.

19) I live in Colwood BC & I have a lot of Sea Glass, most of it has been found at William Head which is a penetentiary that unless you work there people do not have access to, it used to be a quarantine site long ago & is close to Race Rocks. Do you hire people to find you glass or do you buy glass that has been found?

20) In your Howe Sound forecast you mention southerly "outflow" twice. Shouldn't that be inflow?

21) I'm looking for an honest report of the conditions on the top of Mt Washington. Any suggestions? Have you ever considered expanding into ski hills?

22) Will one of your cams give me a view of the Carnival Spirit as she sails into Victoria tonight, please?

23) It's driving me nuts: sorry, but there's no apostrophe in "Willows Beach".

24) Will you be fixing the Willows Beach camera any time soon?

25) When is the Willows Beach WebCam expected back up ?

26) Do you have any idea when the Willows web cam might be working again ?

27) the camera at Willows has been "stuck" since last Monday.

28) We walk our dogs at Willow's beach daily and it is great to have a "sneak preview" of the conditions. I liked the live cam you had before better but new images loading every minute or so are good too. Lately the images are not current... is there an issue with the camera or equipment? Will it be fixed soon?

29) When will your wind speed at Columbia Beach be fixed?

30) Dave, Any idea when you will again report wind speeds at Columbia Beach.?

31) why is the Dallas Rd. Cam one always zoomed up or focused on something totally irrelevant to seeing what the conditions are like.. I really think the ability for some morons to operate the cam totally shakes my faith in using your site to find out whats going on down there.. obviously there are only 5 year old twats operating the thing..

32) Hi, I'm looking for kiteboarding beginners lessons for sometime between the 3rd and the 8th, in Victoria. Cheers.
Aboba

Post by Aboba »

I don't know what to do with this information.
Joostio
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Joostio »

So, can we BBQ at Willow'''s or not?

We are very great full for this "ugly" out of date site, please keep up the good work.
Sandy Beach

Messages from the masses

Post by Sandy Beach »

That is the most entertaining reading I've done in a long time! I needed that laugh break. Thank-you BWD.
We appreciate all of the years of crap that you have put up with while keeping this site going :)
Life is all about balance, and a dose of healthy wind addiction
GWIND

Ha

Post by GWIND »

Ok. Who's the 5 year old twats ?
Thinking is over rated- Homer Simpson
thankgodiatepastafobreaky

Post by thankgodiatepastafobreaky »

yes and why don't you support the plug ins Dave?
curses - foiled again!
Atomic-Chomik
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by Atomic-Chomik »

So whats up with willows?
winddude

Post by winddude »

#11 cracked me up, or is there a wave model I don't know about?
Must ... Sail... More...
Lawrence <a href="http://www.winddude.com">'Wind Dude'</a> Stewart
SmallWaveSteve

Post by SmallWaveSteve »

winddude wrote:#11 cracked me up, or is there a wave model I don't know about?
Here's the wave model, they don't seem to be very accurate at all though, I don't see any 2.5M waves @ clover point! ;)

winddude

Post by winddude »

SmallWaveSteve wrote:
winddude wrote:#11 cracked me up, or is there a wave model I don't know about?
Here's the wave model, they don't seem to be very accurate at all though, I don't see any 2.5M waves @ clover point! ;)

I'm very confused, where are you finding that? :s I really should be working, but now I'm hunting around for this 'secret' wave model.
Must ... Sail... More...
juandesooka
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by juandesooka »

Night waves....that figures.
winddude

Post by winddude »

Those are tide charts.
Must ... Sail... More...
SmallWaveSteve

Post by SmallWaveSteve »

winddude wrote: I'm very confused, where are you finding that? :s I really should be working, but now I'm hunting around for this 'secret' wave model.
winddude wrote:Those are tide charts.
[smilie=devil-laugh.gif]
winddude

Post by winddude »

Still don't know they existed on BWD, show's you how big the site is and how much info it provides for a service run by donations!
Must ... Sail... More...
tbrown

Post by tbrown »

winddude wrote:Still don't know they existed on BWD, show's you how big the site is and how much info it provides for a service run by donations!
scroll down under the webcam displays, there's generally a tide chart below... useful to check whether you're looking at tide against wind at some sites... like island view.