Extended Visit from US: Seeking temporary housing

A place to discuss anything non-weather and non-wind/kitesurf related. Generally unmoderated, but rules are enforced on occasion => you can get suspended or kicked out and messages can get deleted.
Lydia

Extended Visit from US: Seeking temporary housing

Post by Lydia »

You may have seen me on F-One kites lurking about Vancouver Island kite beaches last month.

I currently live in Santa Cruz and needed a change of scenery so went on a Pacific Northwest road trip & fell in love with Victoria.

I'd like to immerse in the Vancouver Island experience for a while and am looking for a room to rent out for up to 6 months (visa rules and such). Preferably in St. James Bay or Cook Street Village neighbourhoods.

Grown up professional type but insane enough to charge Nitnat for first time ever by myself in a Honda Fit (on a related note, looking to make friends with 4X4 vehicles for future trips).

Looking for non smoking house and I love pets.

If you or someone you know has a spare room they'd like to rent out for a while please contact me.

Also looking for possible employment. I help companies with their online presence and brand execution. That means getting strategic with their online interactions and making sure their online properties (website, social media etc.) match the brand and user experience they want to put forward.