Rigging question

General discussions about windsurfing: equipment, setup tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
wjlavery

Rigging question

Post by wjlavery »

Hi, I have an older Sailworks Bravo 6.0 sail that I was trying to rig today, but the openings on the sail are too small for the clamp on the boom. Is there a different attachment option?

Thanks for your advice!
Attachments
20180716_192007_resized.jpg
20180716_192007_resized.jpg (900.81 KiB) Viewed 4884 times
winddoctor
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by winddoctor »

That's the only opening in the sleeve for the boom to attach? Was this opening an after production modification, I wonder? Very strange, since this allows for zero height adjustment (bad). You could take it to a repair loft and get them to make a new opening, but you could buy another used sail for the same or lesser cost. Any chance you can attach a zoomed out shot of the entire bottom half of the sail?
Poultry in motion
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

Ditto another poor investment...you people need to ask before buying the cheapest crap and THEN ask the question :roll: just cut a larger hole, there is no strain on the sail at boom height....make it fit you at boom shoulder height give or take...the sail view doesn't make sense, no boom could fit and zero adjustments...very odd. Rig it where you want the boom and get the razor blade out....I know...it hurts to harm it...but it is worth less than nothing....I'll do it for you :idea:
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
grantmac

Post by grantmac »

Don't cut anything. There should be another, similar hole. The mast goes out the bottom one and in the top.
That's how my sailworks NX rigs.
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

Lol maybe the problem is the photo :D if there is a second hole that would explain it :twisted:
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
wjlavery

Post by wjlavery »

Lol - yes! That is the answer - there are two holes - I just rigged it wrong. Thanks for the quick replies and help everyone.
grantmac

Post by grantmac »

Also release batten tension on the battens with cams when you rig it, then add tension after its fully downhauled.
Bravos are kind of weird that way. Also they break batten tips in my experience.
winddoctor
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by winddoctor »

wjlavery wrote:Lol - yes! That is the answer - there are two holes - I just rigged it wrong. Thanks for the quick replies and help everyone.
Bravo!
Poultry in motion