Want to Borrow: Beginner Board (150+L) or SUP this weekend

General discussions about windsurfing: equipment, setup tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
kirby

Want to Borrow: Beginner Board (150+L) or SUP this weekend

Post by kirby »

Hello Friendly Folks!
Bringing a friend who isn't a windsurfer (yet) to Nitinat for the first time this weekend, would love to borrow a novice-friendly board (anything 150 L +, or a SUP with a universal mount for an hour morning or evening any of Sat, Sun, Monday to start teaching them.
If you have any beginners or intermediates in your crew who don't like learning from their parent/partner, I've also got some experience as an instructor that I'm happy to get in the water and support YOUR favourite new windsurfing human.
I have beers and homemade cookies to share.

I'll be the short blond chick launching from the "Properties" (by the bulletin board) on Maui sails.
Heather/Kirby
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

You could try a message to RedBaron (Jesse) or Winddude (Lawrence).
Don't forget to bring a towel!
redbaron
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by redbaron »

I do have a big SUP That takes a sail, but don't plan on heading to Nitinat this weekend unfortunately.
If you are ever out Tofino/Ucluelet Way, your welcome to use It. Kennedy lake gets a steady 8-12knot thermal all the time and is perfect for level 1 windsurfing.
winddude

Post by winddude »

I had a large starboard Start, that's supposed to get passed around for a case of beer, or bottle of Rum, but I passed it along last summer to a neighbour, I'll see if he's still using it and let you knom, We plan to be up next weekend weather permitting.
Must ... Sail... More...
Lawrence <a href="http://www.winddude.com">'Wind Dude'</a> Stewart