1111 - or why did I log my sailing sessions?

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

1111 - or why did I log my sailing sessions?

Post by KUS »

so I hit 1111 sailing sessions last week and I thought I would google the significance of that number..... does it mean anything at all? What's it all for anyway? Is it silly to be so focused on one thing in life??
The 1st hit was so inspiring I decided to not look further because it makes me happy on a number of levels, after all let's not take ourselves too seriously shall we? I mean, it's only a silly hobby....or is it?:
"Repeated sightings of 11:11 ...why this is happening? ...what does their constant seeing of 11:11 signify? It’s almost like getting a regular “nudge” to look at the clock, a receipt or odometer at precisely the right moment, usually when focused on something else.
Basically, seeing 11:11 is a trigger point of awareness, an "awakening code". You are starting to awaken to your fullest potential of who you really are. There's a stirring deep inside, as a hint of remembrance of something long forgotten. It's time now to take a good look around you and see what is real and what is illusory. It is time to pierce the veils of illusion, which have kept us bound to an unreal world. The revealing or revelation most likely will occur in stages that may be uncomfortable and unsettling at first, yet you will yearn to explore deeper and fuller.

Where the search takes you will be up to you, and will depend on your unique path, so follow your intuition and your JOY and the information will appear at the right time. You are transitioning to a point of exciting discovery in this duality game and opening up to the possibilities of universal exploration.
...Are we all interconnected? What is Oneness? Be open… it will be a magical journey if you allow it. "
I suppose I will probably never see 2222 which is maybe sad but hey, I got to here and to me that is priceless.... Some people keep journals, I keep sailing logs. I sure appreciate this site and my opportunity to share my experiences....so much emotion, action, experience, info needed yet packed into the limited, allotted space by Mr. Vozhakin :D ....however simple and narrow....my life is fuller because of it and it gives me the ability to reflect on these experiences... exciting, crappy, inspired, sad, satisfying, frustrated, stoked.... but always honest...well, as honest as it felt anyway :wink:

Thanks to others for sharing their sailing logs over the years :idea: sometimes it's a bit of a competition, then a learning experience for new places and conditions, more often it provides for an opportunity to live vicariously through others' outings when stuck in some drudgery of life.
Thanks to Hollow Bones Dave and all who make it work :P
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
DavidM
Contributor
Contributor

Post by DavidM »

Nicely put :D
winddoctor
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by winddoctor »

1111 seems to have worked well for Robby Naish!
Poultry in motion
KC7777

numbers

Post by KC7777 »

I am partial to "7777" as you know...

When I first started sailing I read the story how Robby Naish became US 1111...cause US 1, US 11, US 111 were all taken so he went US 1111

That is why I went with "KC 7777" when registering with Windsurf Canada for some rec racing stuff at Harrison Lake....I liked "7" and that was way back when Canada used to use "KC" for sail numbers instead of "CAN"

There are actually some people on bwd who think my first name is Casey.

btw at my rate it would take me 50+ years to get 1,111 sailing sessions in!

And I agree with Kus (aaack!), I don't have Facebook instead I have bwd and tetongravity. This is much richer and more authentic. And being stuck on the mainland, I appreciate all logs posted.

Just wish I could post my ski logs but likely everyone would freak?

K
Last edited by KC7777 on Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
downwind dave

Post by downwind dave »

until there is a ski category i say keep it to TGR. 8)
Tsawwassen
Website Donor
Website Donor

Re: 1111 - or why did I log my sailing sessions?

Post by Tsawwassen »

KUS wrote: Thanks to others for sharing their sailing logs over the years :idea: sometimes it's a bit of a competition, then a learning experience for new places and conditions, more often it provides for an opportunity to live vicariously through others' outings when stuck in some drudgery of life.
Thanks to Hollow Bones Dave and all who make it work :P
Congratulations Markus! Thanks for sharing as always, and for suggesting that I do it as well. Here's to many more! See you on the water soon I hope. :D
eastside

Post by eastside »

Well said Kus. Sometimes it's a pain to post, but it forces me to recap the day and think of the agony, the ecstasy , the social scene 8), the equipment, the weather, the improvement , the back sliding, and most of all the friendships. We are all lucky to have these experiences, so why not share them. Reading others posts gives a different perspective, DM was wondering if we were on the same beach after reading my post from last Saturday. Now I feel inadequate though. I want a digital signature :roll:
pontoonpete

Coincidences

Post by pontoonpete »

Hi Kus we've crossed paths on occasion(SanP), and I've read a small fraction of your posts. To be honest I'm sure we could pass each other on the street and not know it, however the significance and timing of you writing and me reading this post are mind blowing and life changing for Sherry and I. It proves that we are all connected in ways we don't understand and that our actions/thoughts have a ripple effect much further than we can imagine.

Not to long after I started kiteboarding I began to realize that I was missing something in life. I was not sure what it was at first, then I realized that my priorities where backwards. I had some sort of spiritual awakening. I had a decent job and enough money but still felt hollow somehow. Since then I realized my so called good job was only good because of the money and I really hated it. Now I am going down a different path. Sherry and I are putting happiness ahead of everything. I am no longer doing a job I hate just for the money.

This morning I woke up feeling like I could sleep for the rest of my life and what was the point of it all and started thinking about how much less money we have and maybe I was crazy for changing our lives so drastically. Then I managed to roll off the couch and check out BWD and read your post. I then remembered that Sherry has almost been annoying always announcing that she keeps looking at the clock at 11:11 lately. I called her over to read your post and now we are both taking it as a sign that we are doing the right thing and are going down the right path. Its truly amazing how many so-called "coincidences" there are when you start looking for the deeper meaning of life. Thanks for sharing Kus
C36
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by C36 »

Congratulations on the milestone Kus! Providing inspiration, once again. 8)

I'm not sure I will ever get there and even if I do I may not know (as I didn't keep a log for the first 20 years).

I would be curious what your first session was (session number 1), if you would be willing to share. I still remember mine! :wink:
Windsurfish

1111!

Post by Windsurfish »

Marcus, We all owe a lot to BWD for bringing together the community. THANK YOU DAVE! As always, we share each other's triumphs, and sometimes failures, in this crazy sport. The logs give us a vent, as well as a way to remember and share the good times. KC, I still remember many of the 'first's' in windsurfing, and after traveling the Globe with the sport, it is amazing to see how special our community is back here at home. May we all look forward to 1111, and 2222.... :)

Tuum Est!
BigD

kus

Post by BigD »

I always enjoy your contributions to the site KUS. Look forward to seeing you at Nitnat this summer along with everyone else.

I just returned from La Ventana. Highly recommended checking it out. It's like Nitnat of the South with tacos and margaritas. I stayed at Baja Joe's and at ProWindsurf. I'd recommend both for different reasons. At ProWindsurf you get an ATV to use which is a pretty awesome way to get around down there. Wyatt and Tyson are great too.

I'm on #109 so look for #111 soon! I've got some catching up to do!
Dallas

PS Dave's pretty awesome too
more force 4
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by more force 4 »

Nicely said Kus and great comments. If anyone remembers, the first version of the sialing log crashed and was lost - Russian Dood built the one we have now. C36, you can just look at the sailing log and go to the far end - but I had to click back about 10 pages to Sunday October 17, 2004 to find Kus, who says it was the first sail in months - with his usual mix of grumps and glees.

It is fun to read the logs of the regular contributors from back then. Some people are now gone, and others rarely appear, but there are lots that are still sailing/kiting and logging.

I was surprised that July 2004 was the first time I felt competent enough to sail Dallas Road - I thought it had been much longer than that.
JL

Post by JL »

8)
Thermals are good.
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

more force 4 wrote:....great comments. If anyone remembers, the first version of the sialing log crashed and was lost - Russian Dood built the one we have now. ....I was surprised that July 2004 was the first time I felt competent enough to sail Dallas Road - I thought it had been much longer than that.
that's cuz it used to windy and wavy there.....no...really :idea:
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

So goes the folklore.
Don't forget to bring a towel!