Gordon’s Beach for a new kiter

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
wullis

Gordon’s Beach for a new kiter

Post by wullis »

Hi BWD’ers,
I have a friend who took lessons with Ellevation this summer, and later went back for another lesson with Strong, all at Nitinaht. He can do self rescue, body drag, get up on the board, and is just starting to hold ground(ie. not quite going up-wind).

I haven’t kited Gordon’s Beach for over 7 years, and wanted to get your feedback on wether I can take him there. Obviously for the his first day there I would be on beach support duty, landing and launching him. Also possibly driving down to that pebble beach downwind, should he get blown too far downwind.
Willem
There's nothing wrong with a little tuck tape love bite on your kite...
JL

Post by JL »

The season is just about over at Gordons. Days with west wind are likely to have very little wind close to shore. (the 'bubble') ... You are best to wait for the fall s.e. winds and take your friend to Island view where he/she can walk up the beach after ending up down wind :idea: http://www.bigwavedave.ca/wiki/index.php/Island_View
Thermals are good.
wullis

Post by wullis »

Thanks JL,
I will cross my fingers for some more summer windy days, and then it will be IV.
See you out there!!
JL

Post by JL »

& Sept. can be good for Nitinaht 8)
Thermals are good.
wullis

Post by wullis »

Not to mention I am overdue for a Nitnaht trip!