What about Powell River area????

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
redbaron
Sponsor
Sponsor

What about Powell River area????

Post by redbaron »

I'm Headed to Powell River for essential work for a couple week.

Just wondering if theres any wind spots to check out? Or even just a good spot to go SUPing?
UnusuallyLargeRobin
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by UnusuallyLargeRobin »

Hey Jesse, go south of PR/Westview on Sunshine Coast Hwy about 8km to Black Point Rd, head down to ocean or about 1km further south to Donkersly Beach at end of Donkersly Rd, both can be good on strong W, NW coming down Malaspina Strait, there's often strong westerly thermal if weather is good. Might work off strong SE too(?). Black Pt should be more exposed.
Grief Pt may be good too, off Grief Pt park, access via Malaspina Avenue, basically south end of town (Westwiew)
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Re: What about Powell River area????

Post by KUS »

redbaron wrote:I'm Headed to Powell River for essential work for a couple week
Cool ..you got into that nursing program afterall? :D
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
redbaron
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by redbaron »

UnusuallyLargeRobin wrote:Hey Jesse, go south of PR/Westview on Sunshine Coast Hwy about 8km to Black Point Rd, head down to ocean or about 1km further south to Donkersly Beach at end of Donkersly Rd, both can be good on strong W, NW coming down Malaspina Strait, there's often strong westerly thermal if weather is good. Might work off strong SE too(?). Black Pt should be more exposed.
Grief Pt may be good too, off Grief Pt park, access via Malaspina Avenue, basically south end of town (Westwiew)
Thanks Robin! 8)

The only thing I'll be nursring KUS, is an Adrenaline+beer hangover :wink: :twisted:
jhans

PR

Post by jhans »

There’s around 10 of us that kite/windsurf when the weather is on. Lots playing around on the foil side of things with lighter summer winds.
As mentioned Donkersley & grief point but also beach gardens, brew bay, Willingdon and Gibson’s beach. All kinda directionally dependant but pretty obvious. Savary is good from what I’ve heard but yet to explore the north end.
Give me a shout anytime. Six oh four 240.7038

How long are you around for?
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

redbaron wrote:
UnusuallyLargeRobin wrote:The only thing I'll be nursring KUS, is an Adrenaline+beer hangover :wink: :twisted:
If I wasn’t nursing most of my body I would’ve joined in! :D :idea: can’t do that drive or that schlepp :arrow: :(
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....