Keeping up with the forum

We want your feedback: comments, complaints and suggestions for the website

Wavos Rancheros

Keeping up with the forum

Post by Wavos Rancheros »

Hey Dave, i've noticed on other forums that regular registered users are offered the option to look at all the postings that have been put up since the last visit by that user..and on clicking all of them come up on a page, so its handy for keeping up with all the latest, without having that sense of deja vu from reading the same posts over again 8) Think it might help for people to post more and get more responses? (I've been known to post questions and forget to go back and look for the responses...so for sure it would help with my lazy brain :roll: )

WR
bwd
Developer
Developer

Post by bwd »

Does the pull down menu along the top: FORUM > New posts do what you want? Also on the main forum page there should be a link on the top right that does the same thing: View posts since last visit.
Wavos Rancheros

Ya thats it!

Post by Wavos Rancheros »

Thanks for tuning me in to those links Dave, i'll check and see whether the 'view posts since last visit', and pull down forum menu choice for new posts, offer the same results.

I guess what I meant, or what I am used to, is a link directly to "all posts since last visit", right on the home page, with the number of new posts since last visit displayed.

I see it displayed with a top centered style, like, Welcome Back Wavos Rancheros, your last visit was time/day/month/year. There have been xxx new posts since your last visit. View all posts. (hyperlinked on all)

I guess what i'm talking about is already there with the pull down menu off the home page, except for the feel of it being part of the "welcome back". Its a great way to quickly get in to browse the activities of the community, so maybe it deserves a place on the home page, along with the chat board, the sailing log etc. 8)