We should allow private records
No votes
We should allow private comments on a session
29%

Total votes: 17

~ pimp hand ~

Re: speeding

Post by ~ pimp hand ~ »

asscrack wrote:I was speeding again in Ross Bay,yesterday.Lit on my 12 meter,legs were like jello after hours of ripp'n in up.Jap tourist's loved it ,ha! :lol:
Methink'st thou art a general offence and every man should beat thee :lol:
asscrack

Come one come all

Post by asscrack »

When it comes to speed,That's my middle name.So,see if you can beat me,"Limp Hand"! You pole skipper you! :twisted:
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING and Life is a beach
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

the log's awesome

Post by KUS »

I think the most valuable asset of the log is to increase the odds of getting some sailing days during holidays....this past December for example I should have been living at La Ventana, not Victoria 8) Therefore, some stat functions might be helpful where we can select a sailing site for example and see what sail/kite sizes were sailed during the month of June and for how long...not sure if that is possible when some use several sails in a session tho. :?

Anyhow, apart from that seeing that you missed a day (or not...) it's always interesting/ entertaining to review others successes, adventures, etc.. Too bad the temporary Mexicans or Hawaiians aren't posting their sessions. :)
On the topic of personal vs. public, I vote all public. :!: Nice work, Ruskie and co.
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Sailing vs. Kiting/Windsurf log

Post by KUS »

I have (once again) had a stern talking to by a loved one to stop being a baby and a general annoyance to others.

While I would like to satisfy the latter, I cannot, it would mean stop being who I am.

As to the former, I am willing to make that effort and have deleted my Prindle Sailing Log entries and saved them elsewhere. As the BWD/AVoz log is great for keeping track of my exploits I will in future enter, copy to my own log, then delete them. The correct number of sessions should now display in my personal log up to August 6.

I hope this is of some comfort to those who "found paddles on beaches" and such :wink: or think catamaran sailing involves blenders :oops: 8)
KayakDoc

Post by KayakDoc »

I like being annoyed by you, baby. Welcome back Kus.
saulman

Post by saulman »

We love you man.
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

OK, where's the group hug emoticon??
[and why are the "view more" all violent? hmmmmm]
juandesooka
Website Donor
Website Donor

private vs group log

Post by juandesooka »

possibly a dumb question ... made a log post today, but it appears only in "private log", not "group log". There's no option I can find to select to post in both. Am I missing something obvious?

[and on a sidenote, interesting to read the discussion from 8 yrs ago on this thread...seems a little edgier than now)
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

hi Juan, the link on the home page takes you to 'group log', making it sort of the default setting. if you post under 'personal log' only you can see it. it will say what log you are in at the top of the entry form. you could cut/paste from your personal log to the group log. you can also go from group log, click personal log and just see your own posts.
the log system (now over 14,000 posts) is a legacy of our much missed Russian Dood, Andrei.
juandesooka
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by juandesooka »

Thanks Dave. That's the weird thing though, if I am in the group log, and click "new post", I am taken to a log page where the link at top shows "private log". I tried posting it up again as a test, and it doesn't show up in group log. Only in personal log.

Maybe there's some kind of default setting for newbies, X number of posts before you can post to the group?
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

the logs are chronological, if it's not for today it will appear further down the list. that might be what is happening?
edit - i see your post, it is buried 2 weeks back! you gotta get out more often :lol:
Last edited by downwind dave on Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
KayakDoc

Post by KayakDoc »

Hey juandesooka, Do you know that you have a double post for June 1 in the group log? Is the posting date the issue you are having? Just wondering.
KayakDoc

Post by KayakDoc »

Looks like DWD caught this as well.
juandesooka
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by juandesooka »

Thanks Phil and Dave for solving the puzzle. Was a simple typing error....June 1 vs June 13. That's why I couldn't see my post in group log.

Now all working as it should and hopefully deleted double post.

And still stoked about yesterday's session ... 12m worked great Phil.
And might sneak out for a nooner today if the slight bump to 15kts holds at Gordons. :-)
Tyvealive

Post by Tyvealive »

Wondering how to change my profile avatar to a picture? I know it's not really a sailing log question, just cant figure it out.