School Based Weather Network Update

General discussions about the weather, incoming storms and swell, complaining, why is it always so windy at night etc.

Aboba

School Based Weather Network Update

Post by Aboba »

In response to my support e-mail, from Andrew Weaver.
Thank you very much for your email regarding the School-Based weather station network. The outpouring of support for the network from across Vancouver and the Gulf Islands has been overwhelming. Ed Wiebe and I are sincerely grateful for the time you took to convey your thoughts to us concerning how our network has benefitted you.

I am very pleased to report that the University of Victoria will be assisting me in ensuring that the network remains operational after June 2016. While I am now confident that Ed Wiebe will have salary support for the foreseeable future, I will be initiating a fundraising initiative later this year to ensure that I have ongoing resources to ensure the more than 160 weather stations remain operational.

Once again, thank you for your support.

With best wishes
Andrew Weaver
Lansdowne Professor
School of Earth & Ocean Sciences
knottyPat

School based weather stations struggling for funding

Post by knottyPat »

I'm wondering if BWD members would be able to join forces somehow with the school/uvic project to create a consolidated weather reporting system. I know they are struggling and considering taking the system down due to lack of funding. Anyone have ideas?
Here's the link to the current system: http://www.victoriaweather.ca/resources.php
Aboba

Post by Aboba »

Um, I'm pretty sure the response from Andrew says they are going to continue...