BWD Oregon Coast Bi-Windsport Wave Camp 2015

Races, swaps, beer nights, clinics, etc.

nanmoo

BWD Oregon Coast Bi-Windsport Wave Camp 2015

Post by nanmoo »

AKA BWD Florence Jetty Chick Grand Bizarre and Gold Beach tour de Ghetto Circus Super Burrito Camp 2015

Interest seems to be waning each year, as has the reliability of the forecasts, but by special request I resurrect this years thread. We've lost Morewind for sure, but we shall continue to ply onward brave souls. The sharks at the Cape will NOT feed themselves.

I'm probably going to try and align with the AWT again this year and do SC then Pistol, but we'll see.
Last edited by nanmoo on Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Don't forget to bring a towel!
downwind dave

Post by downwind dave »

looking like i'm in if i can just stay healthy this year. :D some time around canada day.
TheLaw

Post by TheLaw »

yep same here. I'm in for the 3 week window around the end of June. Pick the best week and go.

I am pretty sure Morewind was going to come and cook for us and make sure we had cold beer available when needed. I think he also said he would swim around the shallows to attract the sharks. Pretty nice of him I thought.
Give'R
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

Will he also be serving up the Fireball shots from the dunes at the Cape?
C36
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by C36 »

nanmoo wrote:...Interest seems to be waning each year, as has the reliability of the forecasts, but by special request I resurrect this years thread...
8) 8) 8)
I sense a resurgance in interest (particularly from the Mainland). Personally I am soooooo looking forward to going this year and regret not staying longer last June (silly me :oops: ).
nanmoo wrote:...We've lost Morewind...

I was hoping there might be some way to honour Morewind this year 8) in addition to the annual honouring of Andrei (I can still taste that hit of Fireball Whisky). :shock: :twisted:
nanmoo wrote:...I'm probably going to try and align with the AWT again this year and do SC then Pistol, but we'll see.
[Vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/117987795[/Vimeo]

I will likely be looking toward late June, early July but will adjust my plans based on when the main tour participants are going down and weather forecast.

:idea: One special request: could you guys schedule the 'beat down' session(s) for a little later in the trip this year (taking it on the chin on the first day was super humbling). :D :wink:
Attachments
AWT 2015.jpg
AWT 2015.jpg (66.98 KiB) Viewed 8988 times
Last edited by C36 on Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

I almost forgot that I bumped into KC7's at the ferry terminal last week and he once again committed to claiming to come this year but later wussing out.

I also recall an earlier conversation with Udder saying this was his year to pop his O-Coast cherry.

If we get any of these new candidates on-board for the hazing C36 might just be right about the resurgence.
Tsawwassen
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by Tsawwassen »

I'm in, hopefully I can stay for more than 4 days this year! Regardless it's always worth the trip. :D Looking forward to seeing you guys there!
KC7777

OC

Post by KC7777 »

nanmoo wrote:I almost forgot that I bumped into KC7's at the ferry terminal last week and he once again committed to claiming to come this year but later wussing out..
OK...with this post here I am officially committing to go this year.

Look for the wus out post later....say towards early June?
VindVoman

Post by VindVoman »

He is going.
Fish

Post by Fish »

I'm in. End of Juneish.
FISH
winddoctor
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by winddoctor »

End-ish of June for me! 8)
Poultry in motion
Joostio
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Joostio »

How many km's are these trips on average? What kind I budgets for a coast trip? Trying to figure out if its a pipe dream for me.
C36
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by C36 »

nanmoo wrote:...I'm probably going to try and align with the AWT again this year and do SC then Pistol, but we'll see.
downwind dave wrote:looking like i'm in if i can just stay healthy this year. :D some time around canada day.
TheLaw wrote:yep same here. I'm in for the 3 week window around the end of June. Pick the best week and go...
Tsawwassen wrote:I'm in, hopefully I can stay for more than 4 days this year! Regardless it's always worth the trip. :D Looking forward to seeing you guys there!
Fish wrote:I'm in. End of Juneish.
winddoctor wrote:End-ish of June for me! 8)
C36
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by C36 »

Joostio wrote:How many km's are these trips on average? What kind I budgets for a coast trip? Trying to figure out if its a pipe dream for me.
It runs about 3,000 km for me (Burnaby) and less than $100/day (cheap trip) plus gear upgrades (if you pass through Hood River).
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

If you are rolling BWD style proper then expect 3-4 tanks if gas, $0 for accommodations as a rule, regular grocery store food prices and a $10 daily super burrito night cap. Oh plus the coho ferry. Beer prices are negligible or you can just pooch Janet's fireball. I'm thinking I stay under $600-700 for 10 days. Basically aside from the ferry and gas it isn't any more expensive then being at home.