BWD Oregon Coast Windsport and Super Burrito Wave Camp 2017!

Races, swaps, beer nights, clinics, etc.

Keen
Developer
Developer

Post by Keen »

I'm not certain I can go due to kid care circumstances but I may have a later window starting June 29th to July 6th.
All this weather dependent too...
shaggy
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by shaggy »

Trying hard to make it happen for end of June.
downwind dave

Post by downwind dave »

not making the trip this year due to a bunch of things that came up. i'll be exploring some of the more local options. i got 99 problems but a beach ain't one. hit me 8)
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

Forecast looking great for next week's IWT event. Anyone want to push their plans forward for a sure thing?
Don't forget to bring a towel!
Fish

Post by Fish »

Looks like D2 will just be D1 for this year. I'm still planning to get down for the last week of June.
FISH
KC7777

BWD OC Trip

Post by KC7777 »

I've decided not to go this year.
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

I'd love to go, all booked off for mid June and most of July.... :? :cry:
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
dunkinguy

Oregon Coast

Post by dunkinguy »

Work woes until June 30th this year. Hoping to Bring the hate in July.
Love The Hate!
C36
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by C36 »

Dana Miller with the May update
https://internationalwindsurfingtour.co ... bash-2017/

"It’s been a rather windy Spring already and we’ve had some swell running pretty much the whole time. There were fourteen sailable days in April and twelve already in May. The ocean temp has been running in the low fifties until very recently. Sail sizes are all over the place. I’ve been riding everything from 3.5 to 5.7 in the last couple months. But mostly 5.0 and 4.0. There’s a lot of sand at the Rock and I’m predicting a good year for that spot. A lot of people have been asking me about the contest and stoke seems to prevail.

But in the way of full disclosure, it’s not quite all sweetness and light out here. The ocean temps just dropped into the forties with that last blow. The red tide is in large again. The winds, while plentiful, have been streaky and weird for the most part. A bit challenging for sure. Chubbs just broke a mast the day before at the Rock and had a rough time getting back in as the current was sweeping him most the way to the river mouth. But other than all that, Pistol has been on fire and Spring is the new Summer. So be ready for heavy duty.

While it’ll probably warm right back up in time for the event, you still might want to bring some extra rubba. Booties might be a good idea too. And don’t forget the floaty board just in case it’s light on the inside..."
winddoctor
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by winddoctor »

Hope Wednesday onward to the weekend turns around for the event for wind...
Poultry in motion
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

No more dairy queen. The worst thing go happen to Gold Beach since the great flood of 1862. 💔
Don't forget to bring a towel!
winddoctor
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by winddoctor »

nanmoo wrote:No more dairy queen. The worst thing go happen to Gold Beach since the great flood of 1862. 💔
:shock: :shock: :x :(
Poultry in motion
Johnnyman

Post by Johnnyman »

Nooooo DQ...the only thing that really matters is if the SUPER BURRITO place is still open. Thant would be a game changer for me if its closed!

Well I've broken out the vinegar, freed the board from a year in prison it must be time for the yearly windsurfing extravaganza even though it looks like we are down a Dave. I'm sure a extra Dave will show up...in a pinch my middle name is Dave if we need another for the official 2017 log.
Weather dependent Ill head down June 23-26ish with a mandatory refresher skills session in Hood R then coast bound. Have to be back at work for July 6.
C36
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by C36 »

nanmoo wrote:No more dairy queen. The worst thing go happen to Gold Beach since the great flood of 1862. 💔
winddoctor wrote::shock: :shock: :x :(
Johnnyman wrote:Nooooo DQ...
INEEDAGOODNIGHTSREST on Trip Advisor wrote:It appears a three way situation closed this Dairy Queen. DQ headquarters wanted shop remodeled; store owner was ready to proceed; but property owner wouldn't go a long with Cost of the whole thing.
Farewell DQ in Gold Beach, we will miss you.

source

Curry County Pilot article (2016 Sept 16) -
With revenues doubled, sounds like there is a business opportunity in the Beach of Gold for a independent operator. "Dairy Moo" maybe? :D :wink:
TheLaw

Post by TheLaw »

Just read this....I have already sent my manager a letter of resignation. My new career will start as soon as I can get down there.
Give'R