BWD Oregon Coast Wave Camp and Meth Free Zone Party 2018

Races, swaps, beer nights, clinics, etc.

Fish

Post by Fish »

Yup, I'm in. Exact dates TBD.
FISH
Tsawwassen
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by Tsawwassen »

I was seriously thinking of going but the forecast for Monday on has downgraded so I'm going to wait now. For those of you that aren't on the Oregon Coast Windsurfers Facebook page here is a short video from yesterday.
I'm stoked now!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jhf95yK ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

Again...what's Facebook?? Thx Mike, does that mean I should stop packing?? :roll: :? :(
Decent gear in the vid :idea:
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
Tsawwassen
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by Tsawwassen »

Looks like it was epic.
Can't get the img links to work but here is Trudy's Facebook page link.

https://www.facebook.com/trudynlary?hc_ ... rgv4eY2zjM
redbaron
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by redbaron »

I plan on going a little earlier for the contest but open to stay for many weeks!

http://www.shop.internationalwindsurfin ... wave-bash/

Looks like you don't have to be at the event to buy raffles tickets and win sweet gear and swag. I have won a couple of times in the last few years. 8)
winddude

Post by winddude »

I'm going for ankle surgery so no coast or water this summer. Maybe this fall if I'm lucky.
Must ... Sail... More...
Lawrence <a href="http://www.winddude.com">'Wind Dude'</a> Stewart
winddoctor
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by winddoctor »

Sorry to hear, Lawrence! Hope the procedure goes well.
Poultry in motion
jellyfish
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by jellyfish »

Really sorry to hear that Lawrence. It looked like a significant sprain injury when you did it. Why such a long delay for surgery. It was ? October when that happened?
winddude

Post by winddude »

Thanks jelly and Wdoc!
jellyfish wrote:Really sorry to hear that Lawrence. It looked like a significant sprain injury when you did it. Why such a long delay for surgery. It was ? October when that happened?
Yea, first week of october I think. It took awhile to diagnose, because initially it only looked like a really bad sprain, and masking other symtoms. But the problem turned out to be an osteochondral lesion on the back of the talus from the sprain, but I also have pain on the front of the joint so the surgeon is going to try and scope both. Than after it was diagnosed, it was a 4 month wait to see the surgeon for a consultation, now hopefully only a two month wait for the surgery. Yup, it's been way to long.

Depending how it feels or the timing of surgery I may try and go down to Pistol and help out for the AWT event. So if anyone is driving down for the event, without too long of stays on either side, let me know and I might want to hop on for the ride there and back?
Must ... Sail... More...
Lawrence <a href="http://www.winddude.com">'Wind Dude'</a> Stewart
C36
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by C36 »

Hope the procedure goes well and that you heal up completely and quickly Winddude.

I'm in. Details TBD.
(not a direct copy from Fish - I used slightly different wording to mix it up and keep it fresh)

My window may open shortly with the first week of July being a potential 'black out' period (family stuff, not the Fireball and/or meth).
Fish wrote:Yup, I'm in. Exact dates TBD.
Is the 'van of Dave's" singular this year?
Johnnyman

Post by Johnnyman »

Still plan on going after June 27
Having some shoulder issues. If they persist I may have to limit myself to SUP and watch the windsurfing.

Time will tell if ill get the dust off the windsurf gear for 2018.
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

yeah no D2 party van this year, i'm committed to a hockey tournament thru the canada long weekend.:x looking forward to just hitting the lake to get back my skillz.
HiyoSilver

Post by HiyoSilver »

Too busy with work this time of year :? I'm hoping to go down in September...
C36
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by C36 »

From the message board:
Winddoctor: Any forecaster's thoughts on the Pistol River event this weekend? Model seems pessimistic. - Monday June 04, 8:06PM
Nanmoo: No chance to almost none. Definite large low approaching. But Not even a strong southerly like last year. - Monday June 04, 11:36PM
Winddoctor: Thx moo. Still aiming for 20th. - Tuesday June 05, 7:18AM
Tsawwassen: Too bad, that's not great news for the comp. I was thinking of going but have decided to wait now. - Tuesday June 05, 7:46AM
Bwd: But I just painted a big J on my chest - Tuesday June 05, 8:18AM
C36
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by C36 »

OPENING DAY OF THE PISTOL RIVER WAVE BASH (Thursday)
source
IWT wrote:Pistol River has had a resurgent year with participants from all around the world. Countries represented include Morocco, Italy, France, Guadeloupe, Australia, Peru, New Caledonia, Japan, Chile, Canada, Holland, and the USA.
IWT wrote:Opening night of the event included a BBQ at hosting hotel, Inn of the Beachcomber, in Gold Beach with live music welcoming competitors from around the world.

Riders and spectators gathered on the beach in Pistol River for the memorial of IWT rider Attila Tivadar who passed away last year from Melanoma. The group took time to share stories and memories of their friend.

Despite the fantastic attendance, windsurfing conditions did not materialize on opening day.

The IWT took this opportunity to shuttle up the Chetco River in Brookings for a kayak and stand up paddle adventure, followed by an evening of Jazz music at the Vista Pub.

IWT wrote:Head Judge Simeon Glasson has reviewed the forecast and determined conditions are looking much better for Monday and Tuesday. The contest window has been extended through the 12th to provide opportunity for event results. Stay tuned for updates.
More shots of Jessie and Riley in the IWT Face Book gallery here.

ONE WEEK PRIOR
source
IWT wrote:An update from Dana Miller

Looks like the forecasts are starting to promise wind for the Wave Bash. Bring rubba and little sails though. Got upwelling and it went 3.5 and beyond yesterday. I snuck a little 4.0 at the Cape before it got stupid in there. Then repaired to the Rock, but it proceeded to get stupid there too. Heck of a first day back for Gerry after 9 months off. He was out there though. Craig too. Huge thanks to Tigi for this shot of the Cape early before it went totally nuts. With respect and gratitude.
_________\_
photo credit: Tigi
Last edited by C36 on Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.