Harness advice / Opportunity to try

General discussions about windsurfing: equipment, setup tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
tempy
Website Donor
Website Donor

Harness advice / Opportunity to try

Post by tempy »

I need to get a new harness for Mrs Tempy. She likes a seat style, and uses it for windsurfing and kiting. Seat or convertible would likely work.

We know she should "try before she buys", at least to fit them but those opportunities are very limited - including even going across to the mainland to a store.

So, I have two questions: what seat / convertible harnesses do you recommend - both women specific and generic?

And, if you recommend yours, are you able to let her try it on?

We are in Nanaimo.

And don't ask me for sizing information ... I will respond to those enquiries privately.
more force 4
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by more force 4 »

I have an Ocean Rodeo convertible I use for kiting and sometimes windsurfing. Just have to take the leash off (and remember to put it back on!) I do like the leg straps as I can get more air past the diaphragm with the waist looser; as a result of my body being pear-shaped for a few decades.

And I've been doing so little kiting the last year she can borrow it for a while, I have a WS harness I'm using (and my lungs miss the leg straps)