Online windsurf shop

General discussions about windsurfing: equipment, setup tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
otisdadog

Online windsurf shop

Post by otisdadog »

Any recommendations on an on-line windsurf shop to buy accessories. Have you guys had much success with ordering stuff from the states?

Thanks

C
Gord Baines

Post by Gord Baines »

Gorge Surf Shop is my favourite. Windance and Big Winds are also good. This time of year you should be able to find someone from the Island who is willing to bring stuff back from the Gorge for you, instead of having to ship it (not that shipping is problematic).
GWIND

There are some Canadian sites

Post by GWIND »

One could try these sites
2RAD
Windspirit
Loopee
Thinking is over rated- Homer Simpson
AJSpencer
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by AJSpencer »

Anyone have experience buying and/or communicating with 2rad? I ordered something small a couple of months ago and haven’t received anything. I emailed a couple of their emails a few days ago and no response.
redbaron
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by redbaron »

If you know exactly what you are looking for, Local dealers like KUS are able to help you with GOYA and Chinook stuff and I can bring in Duotone and ION .
AJSpencer
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by AJSpencer »

Good to know. About half my stuff is from Kus/BWD forum, the other half from local used sales.
This time I ordered drift-stopper fins, thinking ahead for when my kids are learning or I take them out along the beach in less than 5 knots in the Summer, strap the fins onto my 200L GO for less drift. Only place in Canada online I could find them was 2rad. Figured they were legit. I guess I’ll have to call their 1-888 number today, like its 1996, and find out whats up.
rvanderbyl
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by rvanderbyl »

I ordered a sail a few years back and it was delivered within 2 weeks. Another friend of mine has ordered a lot of gear from 2rad with no issues as far as I know. Perhaps they shut down for a winter holiday? I know I'd like to. 8)
Why aren't YOU out there?
AJSpencer
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by AJSpencer »

Nah, open, but Winter hours according to their phone machine. Went to voicemail.
Oh well, I'm sure its just a mix-up. Thanks for letting me know.
AJSpencer
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by AJSpencer »

Just heard back. Was a mix-up. He apologized and said he'd get it all sorted out within 24 hours.
Everyone can relax now. ;)