older mistral board

General discussions about windsurfing: equipment, setup tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
expeditionbc

older mistral board

Post by expeditionbc »

Hello Newbie windsurfer here.

Just picked up an older Mistral Pandera board with a bunch of sails from used vic on the weekend.

When I got home I realized the the dagger board doesn't work properly and upon closer inspection found that the plastic tracks that guide the dagger movement are broken. Otherwise the board seems good.

Does anyone know if this piece can be repaired or replaced? Does anyone happen to have an old mistral board headed for the dumpster that might be pirated for this piece??

Thanks
winddude

Post by winddude »

Probably won't find another one, could try these guys, http://www.windpowerwindsurfing.com/, they have a few old mistral parts listed. Your board might have had the same cassette as an Mistral Equipe or One Design.

Could maybe fix it by taking it out, copy the pattern, filling the cassette sides with epoxy and routering it out... but I dunno if it's worth it.
Must ... Sail... More...
Lawrence <a href="http://www.winddude.com">'Wind Dude'</a> Stewart
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

older gear suspect depending on age, parts rarely available.

repair of such things rarely successful but you could try re-forming it with epoxy but probably in such a high stress area won't last

you could close the daggerboard up altogether with epoxy but likely results in tippy board depending in vintage so will suck for uphaul learning but would work ok for cruising without the dagger or sup-ing if you have some experience. I have an old Obrien, the closure sleeve is not working so I have removed it altogether and still have the box and weirder things have happened, private message me a picture and measurements and will have a look next time I am in Lake Cowichan
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
grantmac

Post by grantmac »

If it'll stay down just keep it there. Operation isn't critical until your planing. Just keep the mast base forward.
expeditionbc

Post by expeditionbc »

Fixed it with some marintek epoxy. looks and works like new...see how long it lasts on the water!!!
redbaron
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by redbaron »

I have two old mistrals pretty much given to me. ones a pandera and the other is a bit more performance (all carbon). Side by side I was able to make a sick pontoon that can easily float two of us with stand up paddles. perfect for lake fishing!