Just assk Nanmoo

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
Atomic-Chomik
Website Donor
Website Donor

Just assk Nanmoo

Post by Atomic-Chomik »

You heard it here. " just assk Namoo" is open for all sorts of question. You name it and this know-it-all has some kind of an answer for you. He is also a "pro kiter" aka instructor so his credentials are legit- just assk him.

we love him but let's have some fun here lol

Happy Monday Folks. :lol:
juandesooka
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by juandesooka »

It makes me feel sad when winddude makes fun of kiters. We are brothers and sisters of mother ocean. Why can't we all just get along?
TheLaw

Post by TheLaw »

Thinking of starting to wear brightly coloured speedos for all sports I do. Do I need to wax or shave things? Thanks
Give'R
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

OMG this is so great. Thanks to my personal troll Martyman for getting this started! Ask away!
Don't forget to bring a towel!
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

juandesooka wrote:It makes me feel sad when winddude makes fun of kiters. We are brothers and sisters of mother ocean. Why can't we all just get along?
As a child Winddude had this happen to him, causing him to hold a grudge against kites to this day. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A5sQWpNRlQ

He will accept hugs to diffuse him I'm told.
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

TheLaw wrote:Thinking of starting to wear brightly coloured speedos for all sports I do. Do I need to wax or shave things? Thanks
Waxing and Shaving cause ingrown hairs. I recommend using an electric razor for that close look but none of the nastiness.
winddude

Post by winddude »

It's an easy fix, start windsurfing, don't worry, It'll now be spread between kiters and wingsnurfers. Also because you're strings are long and scary, plus you have more control when conditions get marginal. Plus it's just more relaxing to sail when I don't have to worry about looking out for kiters, it's harder to see you compared to another windsurfer. It's also nothing personal.

Why did nanmoo give up on windsurfing? Is it true he couldn't hack it anymore? Or did his speedo keep coming off when he tried body drags and loops?
Must ... Sail... More...
Lawrence <a href="http://www.winddude.com">'Wind Dude'</a> Stewart
winddude

Post by winddude »

what's the best way to warm up your wetsuit in the winter?
Must ... Sail... More...
Atomic-Chomik
Website Donor
Website Donor

Assk nanmoo

Post by Atomic-Chomik »

If "the ocean is free man" then can i have a refund on that $500 seasons pass I bought from you?
winddude

Re: Assk nanmoo

Post by winddude »

Atomic-Chomik wrote:If "the ocean is free man" then can i have a refund on that $500 seasons pass I bought from you?
only in broken booms and masts.
Must ... Sail... More...
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

winddude wrote:what's the best way to warm up your wetsuit in the winter?
This is a technical question with complex physics and one I've spent some time experimenting. It comes down to what you had for breakfast and your relative "activity level" the day before. If you are backed up nicely you are going to have more latent heat stored in your #2 so I'd go that route. If you just dropped a bomb things are not going to be very impressive so the standard #1 route would be preferred and make for easier cleanup. For maximum warmth do both!
winddude

Post by winddude »

nanmoo wrote:
This is a technical question with complex physics and one I've spent some time experimenting. It comes down to what you had for breakfast and your relative "activity level" the day before. If you are backed up nicely you are going to have more latent heat stored in your #2 so I'd go that route. If you just dropped a bomb things are not going to be very impressive so the standard #1 route would be preferred and make for easier cleanup. For maximum warmth do both!
What's has been shown to be the best breakfast? I've heard McMuffins but this is all hearsay, also some dude that claims pasta very prominently in his name, so I'm really not sure, and pasta is quite high in carbs which can cause fatigue. I would appreciate learning from your extensive scientific experiments.
Must ... Sail... More...
AJSpencer
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by AJSpencer »

nanmoo wrote:
lol :twisted:
abetanzo

Post by abetanzo »

If a truck and camper is leaving youbou destined for nitinat lake travelling at an average of 38km/hr would he be passed by a pick up truck travelling at an average of 68km/hr who left 20 minutes later or would they reach the destination at the same time?
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

abetanzo wrote:If a truck and camper is leaving youbou destined for nitinat lake travelling at an average of 38km/hr would he be passed by a pick up truck travelling at an average of 68km/hr who left 20 minutes later or would they reach the destination at the same time?
Depends on how many piss breaks the pickup truck driver needs to take.