Just assk Nanmoo

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
abetanzo

Post by abetanzo »

if a vehicle of 13ton is travelling at 45km/hr around a blind bend collides with another of 1/4ton travelling at 68km/hr would the windsurfing gear in the back of the pickup be useable afterwards?
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

abetanzo wrote:if a vehicle of 13ton is travelling at 45km/hr around a blind bend collides with another of 1/4ton travelling at 68km/hr would the windsurfing gear in the back of the pickup be useable afterwards?
I can't see the damaged equipment making windsurfing any less frustrating or difficult. Good to go! :lol:
Don't forget to bring a towel!
winddude

Post by winddude »

If there's not a post on bigwavedave about lost or forgotten kite gear was it really windy?
Must ... Sail... More...
Lawrence <a href="http://www.winddude.com">'Wind Dude'</a> Stewart
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

winddude wrote:If there's not a post on bigwavedave about lost or forgotten kite gear was it really windy?
Kites don't need much wind.
Gdawg
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Gdawg »

nanmoo wrote: I can't see the damaged equipment making windsurfing any less frustrating or difficult. Good to go! :lol:
This guy windsurfs
Atomic-Chomik
Website Donor
Website Donor

bragging about how awesome you are

Post by Atomic-Chomik »

Dear Namoo,

why do people brag about how good their sessions were at good spots that don't hold many people? Is it ignorance or some sort of compensatory mechanism?
Further to the point, why would someone release a video on the internet of places like that?

Its all so strange, im confused please help me understand.
nanmoo

Re: bragging about how awesome you are

Post by nanmoo »

Atomic-Chomik wrote:Dear Namoo,

why do people brag about how good their sessions were at good spots that don't hold many people? Is it ignorance or some sort of compensatory mechanism?
Further to the point, why would someone release a video on the internet of places like that?

Its all so strange, im confused please help me understand.
As the orange faced president to our south has taught us, honesty, integrity and humbleness are for suckers and losers.
GWIND

8 more years

Post by GWIND »

MAGA MANPOO
Thinking is over rated- Homer Simpson
jim mckenzie

Just ask Nanmoo.

Post by jim mckenzie »

Hey Nanmoo, I've been enjoying windfoiling lately and find myself wondering, should I bother with getting a wing for foiling or should I just save up and get an electric foil so I don't have to worry about chasing the wind. Actually, my brother brought this up yesterday. I couldn't afford the e-board but he could. It's a legitimate question though. What do you think? Thanks.
grantmac

Re: Just ask Nanmoo.

Post by grantmac »

jim mckenzie wrote:Hey Nanmoo, I've been enjoying windfoiling lately and find myself wondering, should I bother with getting a wing for foiling or should I just save up and get an electric foil so I don't have to worry about chasing the wind. Actually, my brother brought this up yesterday. I couldn't afford the e-board but he could. It's a legitimate question though. What do you think? Thanks.
I'm not Nanmoo BUT I am doing the wind to wing crossover. I think where it'll be great is transportation and using it on surfaces other than water.
I don't think it'll match the performance, especially in really light wind.
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

jim mckenzie wrote:Hey Nanmoo, I've been enjoying windfoiling lately and find myself wondering, should I bother with getting a wing for foiling or should I just save up and get an electric foil so I don't have to worry about chasing the wind. Actually, my brother brought this up yesterday. I couldn't afford the e-board but he could. It's a legitimate question though. What do you think? Thanks.
If E-foils get cheap and transport canada approved it will be the end of wings because why would you need one.
redbaron
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by redbaron »

nanmoo wrote:
If E-foils get cheap and transport canada approved it will be the end of wings because why would you need one.
Clearly you haven't tried Wing-Rollerblading yet. The question is why go through the trouble learning to foil on water when there is instant fun on land via roller blades? (asking for a friend)
juandesooka
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by juandesooka »

How come it always looks smaller in photos?
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

juandesooka wrote:How come it always looks smaller in photos?
Not sure. Mine is small in photos and real life.
juandesooka
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by juandesooka »

nanmoo wrote:
juandesooka wrote:How come it always looks smaller in photos?
Not sure. Mine is small in photos and real life.
Huh? I was talking about wave photos. :lol: