Kiteboarding (Golf) Travel Bag to Maui

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
brady.doland

Kiteboarding (Golf) Travel Bag to Maui

Post by brady.doland »

Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering who has traveled out of YYJ (Victoria) airport with one of those fake golf bags that actually has a kiteboard equipment in it?

I remember last time I visited this airport they now screen oversize luggage (goes through the x-ray conveyor belt) with an employee checking to see what contents are inside.

I head to Maui on Monday (with Westjet) and not sure if I will be able to get away with my fake kiteboarding golf bag anymore. Please let me know if you have any experience attempting this.

Thanks!
rocdoc

Post by rocdoc »

Don`t sweat it.
Last November flew WestJet to HNL from Victoria and checked suitcase and "golf" kite bag. Got charged for first bag and extra bag charge. No oversize charge.
On way home same two checked bags and NO COST at all, which was not expected but think I got a "trainee" on check-in.
Can not guarantee how you will be treated. What will be will be.
SmallWaveSteve

Post by SmallWaveSteve »

I've done it 4-5 times (not to maui) and never got dinged on the way down (including once where I had to unpack/rearrange some stuff to carry on, super obvious it wasnt' golf gear).
I've been hit on the way back about 50% of the time from central american countries.
OtLunch

Post by OtLunch »

Just a heads up that Ocean Rodeo have received their first travel bags in stock.

https://oceanrodeo.com/product/pro-tour-bag/

The design makes lugging the bag around airports really easy and the shoulder strap frees up your hands.

- Todd
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

How many Neds can fit into one bag for travel?
Don't forget to bring a towel!
Ned

Post by Ned »

Yet to be tested
OtLunch

Post by OtLunch »

yet!