Tuesday July 13, 2004
    Total Records: 819
    This Year: 51

Friday June 18, 2021 Nitinat Lk, Windfoiling
     Friday June 18, 2021 Conditions TOW Toys Used:
     Nitinat Lk, Windfoiling W 20 - 25
    small choppers
    4.50 hours
    Amazing!! Really. Up at 9am for coffee, breakfast sangy's and hashbrowns thanks to BigD, tried out the new Outhouses and the wind turned on at 10am. It was a bit cloudy so steady 15kts was the morning session. Rigged up the 6.0 flyer and headed up well past Knob Pt. 45 minutes upwind and 15 mins downwind back to the campsite. small swell to ride on the way back downwind. Sailed with The Twizz (on his old Windfoil setup) which was nice he wasn't hanging with the Wingers again. haha, just joking(NOT!)

BigD pulled out his new Wing and looked like a pro right away, foiling all the way across the lake, crazy good for his 2 attempt. Not many Wingers on the lake unbelievably. Maybe 3-6 at any one time this weekend. 15+ kites and 5-10 old school windsurfers and 2-3 Windfoilers. Interesting mix but still super quiet on the water compared to what I'm used to at the lake making for relaxed sailing waaaay upwind and down to Bozo(no offense) beach. Started nailing all my gybes today. Took lots of breaks for water, sangy, twizzlers and then back out to enjoy the amazing conditions. warm wind, water, stoke. Clouds cleared out and wind ramped up so went straight to the 4.2 Revo and killed 99% of my gybes, definite breakthrough day. So many friendly faces on the water, almost everyone smiling and waving as they went by. It's kinda nice not trying to be the fastest on the water or have the biggest sail, just relaxed cruising wherever the heck I wanted to go. Probably time to start trying some 360's etc. BigD was still perfecting his gybes and Twizzler was still faster and pointing higher but I was in Nirvana with the conditions so it didn't matter. Although I really need to get a smaller sail (Bobson said never) at the 4.2 becomes a handful at 25kts. I probably see a 3.5m in my future with more Nitinaht/China Creek trips planned. I came in an changed the 1100 for the 800cm2 front wing which increased the speed and didn't seem to degrade my gybes although it did not like to go slow 'at all' so had to keep the pedal down to keep it happy. Best part of the day was hitting 100 kms travelled by 5pm so I could come in and have a beer but that turned into 2 which turned into 3 which denied me the fabulous sunset session as the wind blew till after 7pm. Best burgers ever for dinner (was pretty hungry after marathon session) and after dinner did the walk around the campsite with a beer in hand (and one in the pocket just in case) and found a couple fires to chit chat at. Tempy family, ULR family, Twizz and some new friends was fantastic. This weekend is still quite the blurr so happy to have been back at the lake, possibly 'best place on earth'.

38.6 km/h max speed

100.66 kms travelled

23.1 km/h avg speed (pretty darn good for 4.5 hours of foiling - mst be making my gybes)

** Someone will need to show me how to download my gps tracks please **

Notes:

The Ditidaht band is doing a very good job with access and ensuring everyone is safe and following the rules which I really appreciate. Very well done.

Road in was crappy (it had recently rained) lots of logging trucks (5-6) and 2 graders but not much other traffic. First 4-5kms after Youbou are now paved. smooth and flat.

Road on the way out was one of the best that it's been mostly flat with small holes and not much loose, sharp rocks. Took Youbou route both ways.

Food on this trip was 10/10, ate like kings, thanks BigD for being being a great chef!

Campsite was quiet (except 5am wake up calls by the crows - lots of them). Vibe is the campsite is calm and respectful, maybe it was the only 50% capacity but still felt great, no issues. Had to walk 100m to get the Wifi signal but nice that it's available in the campsite now. Campsite is huge now, maybe 2kms end to end.

Thanks to everyone who made this trip as great as it was. Sorry KC7's couldn't make it, missed out on nothing, no fun at all. :)

Hope to see you all back there again soon.

BOBSON OUT!
    GPS Track: Day 3 at Nitinaht11:44 AM to 4:05 PM
    Moving Time04:06:31
    Foiling Time 03:54:10
    Distance (km)102.2
    Speed (Max/2s/100m knots)28.7 / 27.9 / 25.8
    Number of Turns 160 (74% Foiling)
    MAX 2021 - 25.8 kt, 244 turns, 74%TOTAL 2021 - 257 km, 11.3 hours
    Propelled by Russian Dood aka Andrey Vozhakin ©2004-