Tuesday July 13, 2004
    Total Records: 823
    This Year: 55

Saturday June 19, 2021 Nitinat Lk, Windfoiling
     Saturday June 19, 2021 Conditions TOW Toys Used:
     Nitinat Lk, Windfoiling W 20 - 25
    small swell-comp to RB
    5.00 hours
    Woke up at 9am to glass on the water, made a coffee and did lap of campsite to say Hi to anyone awake. Toughest part of this trip was sleeping in as I'm usually up at 5:30am for work, plus the stupid crows squawking at 6am didn't help. Wind turned on at 10am so decided to head out for early session, lake was quiet still. Went up almost to the corner and then back down excited for breakfast. probably 10 tacks up to the top and 20 gybes back. Just gybing now because I can. A few days sailing in a row and it's all come together. probably 100 gybes today and missed maybe 5. Sailing is so much easier now making gybes. Back to the campsite in less than an hour and it was breaky-time!! Started on the 6.0, then went 5.0 after morning session, 30 mins later and it was 4.2 for rest of the day. Saturday on the lake was busier, everyone was there, weather was sunny and warm, wind was strong and all were enjoying. The Twizz changing from Wind to Wing making both look so easy, ULR down to bottom of the lake to visit friends and back in 2 tacks owning the Wingfoil lake. Mr. Tempy showing off his 'Frankenboard' which is pretty sweet (nice job DM). I thought it would be ugly but it's a sweet looking board and he makes it look good. Might have been first time ever that I was on the smallest sail while windfoiling which feels pretty good. Decided to cut the lawn for awhile in the afternoon with BigD and BOOM, he started making gybes. Wait....WHAT!?!?! Yup, 4-5 in a row and a few while still planing, one pump and up again. pretty impressive, although also depressing at the same time as I took me over 100 sessions to be able to do that. oh well, happy for him as it's way better than being a gybe-mark all day. KC7 - you've got some practicing to do now. Looked at my GPS and it was at 96kms so decided to keep going and get the 300kms in 3 days. BOOM! it happened. 301 kms in 3 days. pretty tired but it was well worth it. Love the Windfoiling life. So much easier and not as hard on the body as slappyboard sailing. Now that I'm hitting all my gybes it's very little work. hook in going upwind, downwind sail has almost no pull and everything is quiet, BigD and The Twizz and I had real conversations going down the lake, it's really quite amazing, basically you're standing there talking to the guy 10ft away from you about what you're gonna make for dinner that night. Anyways, blah, blah, blah sorry. Off the water by 5:30 and cold corona's with lime kept showing up. Took some video of BigD making gybes so he could prove he was otherwise it didn't happen. :) Another amazing dinner of BBQ braised beef on a bun with coleslaw, deeeelicious! Walk around the campsite, fire time with some of the RBFC (and rural) gang and then to sleep by 10:30pm. What a day, that was a 10/10. A-freakin'mazing!!! KC7's, missed you Dood!

40.4 km/h max speed

108.41 kms travelled

21.2 km/h avg speed

GYBE-SON OUT!! (really out! so tired) - WooHoo!!!
    GPS Track: Last day at Nitinaht11:01 AM to 4:07 PM
    Moving Time04:25:52
    Foiling Time 04:04:21
    Distance (km)110.6
    Speed (Max/2s/100m knots)29.1 / 29.1 / 27.2
    Number of Turns 203 (65% Foiling)
    MAX 2021 - 27.2 kt, 244 turns, 67%TOTAL 2021 - 367 km, 15.8 hours
    Propelled by Russian Dood aka Andrey Vozhakin ©2004-