Canal Bch, Wingfoiling SSE 10 - 35
    good inlet dw swell
    2.00 hours Homemade Indiana 88 copy (with nsi straps) 5.0 x 27 x 90L
    Fone Strike V1 5.0
    Slingshot Ghost Whisper Fuse 63.5cm
    Sabfoil w1000 100cm - 987cm2
    Sabfoil S82 mast 82cm
    Sabfoil S400 stab 40cm - 207cm2
    Missed the stronger wind earlier in the day. Wind looked too far offshore to bother with a stinker. But ripping upwind and nicely spaced out swell rolling through so there had to be good wind somewhere. First tack, realized I should have taken the 4m. BWD needs to add another category to the wind. Lull/Wind/Gust. I would say at least 25 near polly's point (enough wind to sheet and go switch start) with gusts to 35, but holes near the end to 10kn.

Took the rear strap off the board to make sure I wasn't jumping a big board. Went with the Sab 1000, hoping to convince myself that the lift 120 can replace it. But no, they are completely different foils. 120 is much lighter, turns quicker, tacks easier without overfoiling, and can possibly ride slower, but get's pitchy at high speed. 1000 is hands down faster, points at least 15 degrees further upwind to the point that I can toeside upwind at the same angle that my riding buddy was heelside on the 120. 1000 turns with power, and cuts through everything.

Really nice dw swell with extra south in the wind so that the wind was at your back while riding heelside downwind across the swell. Glide on the 1000 is insane, doesn't like to pump, just jump back up to full height and pick the right line. Perfect for inlet conditions. 1000 is easier to takeoff for a jump at full speed, but the lift is much lighter so easier to control in the air. The 120 makes more sense in bigger swell to take advantage of the agility, playfullness and breachability. Still waiting on the Foilparts long lift adapter. Which might be able to give the 120 a bit more high speed stability. But until then got to keep riding both foils.

Great to get back in the inlet.
    Propelled by Russian Dood aka Andrey Vozhakin ©2004-