This Year: 8

Thursday May 19, 2022 Clover Pt, Kitesurfing
     Thursday May 19, 2022 Conditions TOW Toys Used:
     Clover Pt, Kitesurfing W 12 - 18
    mostly flat
    1.00 hours Ocean Rodeo Duke
    Ocean Rodeo Flite 12
    Ocean Rodeo Shift Bar (Gen 3) 52cm
    Thirsty for a taste of salt water, I went out in marginal conditions and got what I deserved. Took a long walk up the windward side of Clover and dragged out a way. The wind was so light, but on my third attempt, on my third session this year with my Flite, I got going and got past the rocks at Clover Point. I promptly wiped out in the big chop at the tip of the point. I recovered but lost ground and the wind eased even more. It became very apparent to me that I was going to the leeward side never to return. I tried to make the most of it with a couple good tacks when the wind would allow. But eventually I realized I would have to make a hard charge to the shore at Ross Bay having completely missed the boat ramp egress at the point. The hard charge to shore ended as you would expect, the kite fell out of the sky and I had to punch out and self-rescue, with a dreary ride back to shore sitting on the Flite. I was not alone in my mis-adventure, my lovely friend Dave C. also got to experience the bliss of a nearly windless Ross Bay. Lucky for him, a kind kayaker helped him to shore. Since this is my third session with my Flite this year, I want to call this session: "The Rise and Fall of the Third Flite"
    GPS Track: The Rise and Fall of the Third Flite5:13 PM to 6:06 PM
    Moving Time00:21:23
    Planing Time 00:12:18
    Distance (km) 5.7
    Speed (Max/2s/100m knots)16.7 / 16.6 / 15.6
    Number of Turns 7 (43% Planing)
    MAX 2022 - 17.9 kt, 38 turns, 71%TOTAL 2022 - 120 km, 6.8 hours
    Propelled by Russian Dood aka Andrey Vozhakin ©2004-