This Year: 9

Tuesday September 27, 2022 Clover Pt, Kitesurfing
     Tuesday September 27, 2022 Conditions TOW Toys Used:
     Clover Pt, Kitesurfing SSW 16 - 22
    some swell and chop
    1.00 hours Slingshot Celero FR 5'10"
    Ocean Rodeo Flite 12
    Ocean Rodeo Shift Bar (Gen 3) 52cm
    Arrived excited for another summery session. Pumped the 12m and it looked good. Justin arrived on his motorbike with all his kite kit; that was a cool way to arrive for a session. Got a launch from Justin and got out there and it was pretty clean and strong. Did a couple reaches and then came face to face with a enormous, surfacing sea lion. It was close enough that I had to change course to avoid unwanted intimacy. I have never seen a sea lion in the bay between Clover and Finlayson Point. So my reptile mind went to work on me and I was then on the look out some Bigg's Orca fins in the bay hunting that sea lion. Happily that was my only sighting of marine mammals and I was able to get back to focusing on my foot changes and transitions. I had lots of lift in the kite and that always makes my turns more fun and successful. Got to play in a few big rolling swells and just generally had a total blast for a Tuesday afternoon. It was a little cloudy to start but then the sun came out to make it a terrific sunset session. Love it! P.S. Big shout out to my kitesurf colleague, Kristoff (spelling?), for the tools and smarts to get my truck to start again.
    GPS Track: summer_never_ends_202209274:35 PM to 5:57 PM
    Moving Time01:13:27
    Planing Time 01:04:05
    Distance (km)23.5
    Speed (Max/2s/100m knots)15.3 / 15.3 / 14.3
    Number of Turns 49 (59% Planing)
    MAX 2022 - 18.4 kt, 77 turns, 74%TOTAL 2022 - 492 km, 25.1 hours
    Propelled by Russian Dood aka Andrey Vozhakin ©2004-