Canal Bch, Wingfoiling SSW 15 - 25
    flat
    1.50 hours Homemade 4'10"x21"
    Fone Strike V1 5.0
    Sabfoil S82 mast 82cm
    Sabfoil S400 stab 40cm - 207cm2
    Moses w800 80cm - 840cm2
    Sabfoil 647 Fuse 64.7cm
    Kids brought a cold home from school last week so I wasn't feeling too strong. But doesn't look like much wind in the forecast so had to go. Really want as much time as possible on the 800 before the temps drop. Amazing how easily it takes off with the super fast board design. Pretty much point the board downwind and it accelerates to takeoff speed.

I would have said fully lit on any other front wing I've tried, but that 800 can handle some serious speed. It doesn't build front foot pressure or get pitchy. Once past poly's point you could lean over hard and ride the beach all the way up to the mill. Only problem with that, there's a lot of big wood in the water. Had an impact at full speed, sounded like a home run, fully stretched out my 20ft board leash and then some. Spent a few minutes checking the gear after that one. Seems ok. That's when I'm reminded that the extra few layers of carbon and pvc in the board is worth a little extra weight.

Dead flat, so did some jumping. I keep thinking of that first video of Titouan in the shorebreak, ripping carves and throwing a raley up the face of a wave to re-entry. Thinking the only way to get that angle (at a place like San P on a SE) for takeoff is carve down a piece of swell wing in hands but not powered, and then the carve back up is the load and pop of a raley, only fully engaging the wing for the pop. It worked! Felt much more natural than loading hard upwind and bouncing the board up. Actually felt exactly like a kiteboarding raley. Got to be careful not to bend at the knees too much in the air, I touched the wing with the foil mid raley a couple times.

Tried some rotations, for whatever reason I've always done sort of a table top on jumps, both kiting and winging. Which is the opposite direction of a flaka rotation. So I tried going tabletop to flaka, something I've seen a few gwa guys do, and it felt better. It doesn't allow you to lead with your shoulders and get slammed. Felt no resistance in the air. Didn't commit to the full move, and eventually sprained the front of my ankle trying, so had to stop, but I think this is the way to do it.

Good to have Ole back on the water after a long back injury. Ripping tacks on his new strike v2's. Funny to see him try to keep canal a secret when 'new' faces arrive. Seriously buddy, it will never become Squamish, we need more bodies in the water for safety.

Nice to meet you Cam, hope you had fun night sailing.
    Propelled by Russian Dood aka Andrey Vozhakin ©2004-