Search found 131 matches

by Joostio
Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:43 am
Forum: Directions to Island Sailing Spots
Topic: surfing spots
Replies: 16
Views: 7407

waves

check out the wiki on here (sailing spots), look at San parriel. killer looking wave shot, wondering if it might look like that tommorow?

another possibility is tree island infront of union bay and comox, super long spit below high tide by 5 to 3 feet. not sure how to get to it yet, zodiac?
by Joostio
Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:40 am
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Tires for logging roads
Replies: 12
Views: 3293

I believe the BFG at is also snow rated which is nice. BFG only use 3 ply's in sidewalls, this should not be a problem unless you 4x4 a lot with dropped tire pressure. I have Nokian mud terrains, copys of the BFG muds, love them, noisy but confident when on fresh blasted sharp shail.
by Joostio
Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:36 pm
Topic: time to put my purse down and try a forward loop, advice?
Replies: 54
Views: 12578

35 with a bit left in me still. I'm starting to push the envelope on my trials bike too, so much fun learining stuff but theres always more risk. what do people where for life jackets if at all? I figure with a lid and flotation I should feel pretty safe. I've been watching some youtube vids and not...
by Joostio
Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:25 am
Topic: time to put my purse down and try a forward loop, advice?
Replies: 54
Views: 12578

time to put my purse down and try a forward loop, advice?

Been out of sailing for a while, just picking it up again this summer (and loving it, poor wife) I am sailing comfortably in rough ocean, can plain through some jibes, jump, can do laydowns and ducks sometimes too. This is where my sailing skills have gotten too but I have yet to be able to convince...
by Joostio
Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:50 pm
Topic: Back to windsurfing
Replies: 24
Views: 8455

Hey Kevin, welcome back, I just came back from 9 years off myself. are you Kevin fron Ski to Surf?
by Joostio
Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:48 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Family Mtn Biking X training - Van Isle info
Replies: 4
Views: 699

linky to part 1 of my video:

http://www.vimeo.com/5990612
by Joostio
Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:18 pm
Topic: Family Mtn Biking X training - Van Isle info
Replies: 4
Views: 699

I ride out at comox lake each week on my trials bike, just made a video too. have had some problems with youtube but I am working on it. any better places to host a video on line? PART ONE IS POSTED BELOW THIS POST, WATCH IT FIRST i had to split into 2 parts, first part is found throught "other...
by Joostio
Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:43 am
Topic: Port Alberni-as a Windsurfing Destination
Replies: 29
Views: 6206

I think you could get a lot of day visitors too from comox valley and nanaimo area. over night and longer stays are most definently a possibility. for starters you would need good parking, grassy rigging area, washrooms, showers to name a few. How does wind direction here affect kite launching? they...
by Joostio
Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:41 pm
Topic: EC Strait of Georgia
Replies: 13
Views: 2347

I think JL is right, one forecast when it is the same for north and south, two when they are different.
by Joostio
Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:00 am
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Nitnaht....commercial operations takeover the beach.
Replies: 29
Views: 7627

interesting post. I have thought the same things. I must say they are doing a decent job of rescuing with the jet skiis. Many kiters and windsurfers have benefited from thier pressence. Just some more food for thought. But yes, interesting post.
by Joostio
Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:24 pm
Topic: Sailboats
Replies: 47
Views: 9020

the concept is not only for people with time restraints but also for people who don't want to see open water,
I like the idea of an old Mc Gregor. only a few grand and trailerable.