Search found 131 matches

by Joostio
Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:27 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Maui Trips
Replies: 30
Views: 8598

I just started saving for Maui 2016. What is April like for sailing? I've only gone in Oct before.
by Joostio
Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:38 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Tri-fin Conversion
Replies: 70
Views: 23103

How do you decide on angles? Do they get a lot of toe in? I have put a mast track in a SUP and I have even contemplated a tri fin conversion on an old board I have. The mast track was pretty easy, I compared track placement on a similar board and it sails well.
by Joostio
Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:57 pm
Topic: WTF and Used Sales Shaming
Replies: 98
Views: 45523

http://nanaimo.craigslist.ca/spo/4917338048.html

These boards even come with "poles" but no sales. Lol!
by Joostio
Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:06 pm
Topic: BWD Oregon Coast Bi-Windsport Wave Camp 2015
Replies: 281
Views: 80152

3/4 ton truck with camper, does use lots of gas but the fridge and bathroom make it worthwhile, I suspect the beer won't cost me much but the rum might. I haven't worked or sailed since April due to broken leg so I'm trying to see if this is feasible for me. It's been on my list for a while.
by Joostio
Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:57 pm
Topic: BWD Oregon Coast Bi-Windsport Wave Camp 2015
Replies: 281
Views: 80152

How many km's are these trips on average? What kind I budgets for a coast trip? Trying to figure out if its a pipe dream for me.
by Joostio
Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:43 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: collarbone
Replies: 37
Views: 9136

That's some nice metal you got in there! Ouch! I'm 6 months out since break and surgery, walking with a limp but the leg is getting stronger. Almost tried sailing last weekend. Very soon I hope. Broken bones suck! At least I will be ready for ski season. I've been doing a lot of fishing this summer ...
by Joostio
Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:42 pm
Forum: Directions to Island Sailing Spots
Topic: Vancouver Island Storm Chase
Replies: 59
Views: 30216

I work in Campbell River and just south of Erickson road by the Shell station there is a spot that reminds me of CB. But farther out depending on the tide and current there are Gorge like swells. There is another spot a bit farther south of CR that looks good too but by the Shell station looks reall...
by Joostio
Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:21 pm
Topic: Windsurf buddies needed
Replies: 3
Views: 1775

Another great option for CR folks is Nimpkish lake, closer than Nitinat but not as learner friendly. Also much quieter as far as number of sailors.
by Joostio
Sun May 04, 2014 7:03 pm

I broke it at work, fell off a ladder doing a phone install. Funny thing is, my surgeon is a kiter and is trying to convert me. Good thing he's not a brain surgeon, they may have the powers and skill to convert some one.
by Joostio
Sun May 04, 2014 1:30 pm

Sorry to hear it, to make you feel better, I just did my right femur. Surgery is done and I am non weight bearing for 90 days, good bye summer.
by Joostio
Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:47 pm
Topic: San Carlos 2014
Replies: 29
Views: 7372

How many hours drive time is it?
by Joostio
Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:41 pm
Topic: A fun session today
Replies: 6
Views: 2372

This is an other example of why windsurfing is WAY cooler than kitting, if you tried this with a kit in no wind it wouldn't fly, it would just look stupid.
by Joostio
Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:47 am
Topic: Maui Beta
Replies: 31
Views: 7770

Bart at Kanaha Kai is great for gear rentals, they were one of the few shops that would let me drop off my sailboard after sailing and let me take a sup until the next day, then trade back for a sailboard, some shops want to charge you for a sup and windsurf rental for that but not Bart.
by Joostio
Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:12 am
Topic: New wide boards: Gecko, Firemove etc
Replies: 51
Views: 15901

Mark, you can demo the Blizzards from Ski Tak Hut in Courtenay, the owner of the store has a pair as his own.
by Joostio
Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:07 am
Topic: New wide boards: Gecko, Firemove etc
Replies: 51
Views: 15901

I got the Salomon quest 110 on a pro deal, I used to be a ski tech and worked in the ski industry for almost 10 years. The Salomons fit different, I'm normally a 27.5 but shell fitting the boots you could tell they were to big, the 26.5 were the right fit. I heat moulded the liners and even punched ...