Search found 131 matches

by Joostio
Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:12 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: New wide boards: Gecko, Firemove etc
Replies: 51
Views: 15917

The full tilts are just the same as the old Raichles, nothing new there. I'm looking at some Cochises for this year too, nice boots, just hope my feet are happy, couldn't make the Salomon Quest 110's get along with my feet last year even though they felt great in the store, heat moulding and punchin...
by Joostio
Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:39 pm
Topic: New wide boards: Gecko, Firemove etc
Replies: 51
Views: 15917

I sail an 06 starboard aero 117l. It's short and wide. I bought it as an early planing board but due to its wave rocker shape it doesn't plane as early as I had hoped. It does go through the lulls quite well. I also sail it wih smaller sails than intended and I like it. I am sailing it with the prov...
by Joostio
Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:39 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: COLUMBIA WEB CAM. Etc ?
Replies: 45
Views: 9228

What is involved with picking up the gear? I have my Telus van and workin in Parksville and Quallicum for the next month, I have tools and a ladder.
by Joostio
Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:04 pm
Topic: Sauna Herman
Replies: 10
Views: 2761

I spoke with Herman yesterday, he was surprised and saddened by the news. He sends his condolences to Micheal and family, he will contact Micheal soon.
by Joostio
Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:50 am

I am back on Thursday and will post here if I saw him.
by Joostio
Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:49 am

I will look for him and pass on the message.
by Joostio
Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:29 pm

I haven't seen Herman up there, I am going up there tomorrow, pass along a message if he is there?
by Joostio
Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:54 pm
Topic: People reserving spots at Nitinat
Replies: 26
Views: 6307

Oops, double post, just trying to get my post count up.
by Joostio
Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:54 pm
Topic: People reserving spots at Nitinat
Replies: 26
Views: 6307

I like this thread. I say set up in the unused sites if needed. It would be great if the 14 day limit was enforced. But with that rule enforced comes more rules we don't want at the Nat. No clear answer to this problem. The lack of space is certainly a deterent for me, luckily Nimpkish is the same d...
by Joostio
Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:16 pm
Topic: Nitinat Update
Replies: 85
Views: 22321

Thank you Herman for your years of dedication and way too hard work, you have more than earned your sauna building retirement.
by Joostio
Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:03 pm
Forum: Directions to Island Sailing Spots
Topic: Sailing spots near Campbell River (or kiting)?
Replies: 5
Views: 5187

By the Rona looks very Columbia beachesque on a SE. There is a park on the water side just south of Erikson with washrooms and parking. I haven't sailed there but having been working in Campbell river for the winter it has looked killer several days, a nice wave there too like CB. Farther out when t...
by Joostio
Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:52 am
Topic: Campers at Nitnat
Replies: 5
Views: 1984

the rule should be enforced, like Kus said, many people have a hard time finding a spot yet many sites are occupied and unused, I know it pisses me off.
by Joostio
Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:54 am
Topic: The trick to catching waves
Replies: 3
Views: 1389

The trick to catching waves

Sorry if you thought I had some tips for you on wave catching here, quite the opposite infact. I thought I would ask for some wave catching advice. I have sailed Maui a few times and CB quite a bit more. I SUP surf a bit too and am prett comfy on my sailboard (I sail through more than 50% of my jybe...
by Joostio
Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:04 am
Topic: winter wetsuit price?
Replies: 4
Views: 1530

What did it cost new, shape and condition and what do comparable suits cost now. It seems to me you can get pretty good new suits for cheap, my 6/5/4 with hood new on eBay was about $200 delivered, I figure I will get $100 if its in alright shape.
by Joostio
Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:01 pm
Topic: Windsurfing Sidney
Replies: 9
Views: 2818

I would just drive upto Island view, always better to sail with others and ona good SE there will always be others out there. Sorry, no comment on the area you are asking about, don't know anything about it.