Search found 30 matches

by davey_k
Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:11 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Atan Booties Order
Replies: 22
Views: 11712

Size 10. One Mistral and one Semtex. Thanks.
by davey_k
Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:28 pm
Topic: Atan Booties Order
Replies: 22
Views: 11712

Has the order been made? Am I too late?
by davey_k
Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:36 pm
Topic: Windfest 2018! July 27-29
Replies: 11
Views: 4643

What day is the tour de Nitinat happening?
by davey_k
Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:20 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Carrying a waterproof marine radio while kiting
Replies: 5
Views: 3416

Re: VHF Radio

Thanks for the advice Frank and Chris. Chris, we spoke at CB last October about VHF radios and it is still on my mind. I'm gonna pick one up. I read that it is best to put them into a waterproof bag since, as a kiter, we are in the water more than a yachter.
by davey_k
Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:24 pm
Topic: Carrying a waterproof marine radio while kiting
Replies: 5
Views: 3416

Carrying a waterproof marine radio while kiting

Does anyone here carry a waterproof marine radio while kiting? I was thinking of carrying one for places like Gordons, Columbia, Cook.
by davey_k
Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:59 pm
Topic: Chapter One movie
Replies: 3
Views: 1852

Yeah, the drone shots over Maui are great. I also liked the part that focused on the wave kitesurfing. I hope to get on a directional board next year.
by davey_k
Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:49 am
Topic: Chapter One movie
Replies: 3
Views: 1852

Chapter One movie

Just watched this movie. It was pretty good. Only available today though.

http://www.redbull.tv/film/AP-1N9BJ75MH1W11/chapter-one
by davey_k
Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:45 am
Topic: Cook St on Friday
Replies: 12
Views: 5094

Thanks for the encouragement Kook and Pasta. I did go a take a look at Gordon's about a month ago just to a get a feel for the place. Talked to a couple of the kiters there. I am definitely interested in trying Gordon's soon.
by davey_k
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:54 pm

Thanks for the acknowledgement MF4, it really was a big step for me. I definitely came to Cook Street with respect and some fear. I talked to a lot of people to make sure I was aware of all the intricacies such as keeping the kite low after launch. And then I saw that situation unfold there yesterda...
by davey_k
Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:05 pm

Thanks for all the advice in advance and for on-site advice from Paul and Bill. Had a great session. It was so different that Nitinat! Thrilling!
by davey_k
Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:27 am

Thanks Adrian. It is the the landing I am mostly thinking about. Current is number two since that not a concern at the lake.
by davey_k
Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:24 am

Thanks for the advice teabag. I have been slow/careful to try Cook St. I did take it seriously when folks said it is not for beginners. I have a total of 25 days (each with at least one session per day, usually 2 sessions) at Nitinat including my lessons with Marty back in 2014. Got some good advice...
by davey_k
Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:11 pm

Thanks MikeH. I have reviewed the pages on BWD for Cook and the reefs. I have even been there a few times to watch how folks launch and land. So I have a theorectical understanding but I still wouldn't mind a little on-site advice.
by davey_k
Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:08 pm

Cook St on Friday

I am in my third summer of kiting but have only kited at Nitinat Lake. I want to try Cook street and it looks like Friday afternoon will be quite ideal. I am hoping that someone in the wind community can give me a briefing on Friday afternoon. Anyone willing to help a Cook St newbie out?
by davey_k
Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:59 am
Topic: A two board bag?
Replies: 0
Views: 897

A two board bag?

Can anyone advise on a 2 board bag to hold an Origin (142) and a Mako (150)? Like to get it locally (Victoria) if possible, so given that, would maybe a surfboard bag from Ht0 or Coastline work? Otherwise, where online should I look?

Thanks in advance.