Black Kraken

General discussions about wingfoiling: equipment, tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, pump safety.
Tsawwassen
Website Donor
Website Donor

Black Kraken

Post by Tsawwassen »

Thought some of the Sabfoil users might be interested in this. They must be having a hard time convincing people to upgrade to the Kraken system. Does anyone know of a local dealer doing this? I bought my old Onda surf from Kiteforce and I'm waiting to hear if I can do it through them.

https://sabfoil.com/en/black-kraken-202 ... EN0CilqtuI
smartang

Re: Black Kraken

Post by smartang »

Going through sabfoil directly will not be worth it after paying to ship your mast to Italy. Add the risk of paying full tax and duty.

I would say most current local wingfoil sab riders don't need the upgrade on the foils they're riding. Foils like the 945, 899, 1100 etc just don't need the slicker foil section. I did notice a big difference on the 1000 and 800 on upwind speed and angle. I think the 799 will notice the improvement, but it won't be as significant as the race foils.

I have a kraken 93 and the old M82. While a 10cm longer mast will always have more flex, the kraken is not anywhere near as stiff in flexion as the x2 that I have. Torsion is about the same. Hopefully they beefed up the 73P, cause that 1550 is a monster.