This Year: 59

Monday July 5, 2010 Pipers Lgn, Windsurfing
     Monday July 5, 2010 Conditions TOW Toys Used:
     Pipers Lgn, Windsurfing NW 8 - 15
    flattish
    1.50 hours Starboard iSonic 131
    Severne Overdrive 8.5
    Drake Race 44cm
    Arrived and rigged quickly....looked GREAT!! 15kts and sunny! Yahoo! Until 2 runs later I found myself losing ground downwind...having trouble getting on a plane. Lotsa pumping....still losing ground. Come into beach downwind to losen downhaul and outhaul....go out again, pump, pump, pump, w;eeds on the fin, clean it off, then still losing ground, pump, pump, pump cramp......stretch it out a bit...still losing ground. come into beach...raise boom and move mast track back a few cm's. Pump, pump, pump waaaaay downwind by now...maybe, just maybe I can get back...NOPE!! Come into beach about a 20 min walk downwind. grab board and start walking up jagged rocks...agghHH! feet killing!! Walk all the way back to parking lot. change and put on shoes, walk back and grab the sail and walk it back. Worst walk of shame in my entire life!! Pack up, hit cold beer and wine store, then hit campground in Parksville and drink my sorrows away. Worst session ever!! 15 mins of planing, 1 hour and 15 mins schlogging and 1 hour walking gear back up the beach to the truck. Glad it was sunny and warm. :) :roll:
    Propelled by Russian Dood aka Andrey Vozhakin ©2004-