Search found 6 matches

by Brick Top
Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:28 am
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Gear left on the launch pad
Replies: 12
Views: 3667

Gear stuff people

Don't you all see what's happening here? TOO MANY PEOPLE. That's it in a nutshell. We will all have to get used to that especially at Nitnat (and on a long weekend for god sakes). Throw in an massively growing sport like kitesurfing into a traditional windsurfing area and there are bound to be some ...
by Brick Top
Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:59 am
Topic: Story:It's a long one!
Replies: 22
Views: 6014

Point well made :) I must confess I am not a windsurfer, and can only look in awe at you guys heading out in what i would call insane sea state conditions. I guess it's all in one's perspective of the sport. What makes Kiting dangerous is the height and speed (or combinations of) and landing on hard...
by Brick Top
Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:24 am
Topic: Story:It's a long one!
Replies: 22
Views: 6014

Kiting alone

Sasha, I applaud your humbleness. I (and many of my kiter friends) have been thru the ringer on more than one occasion. Afterwards you sort of feel like a total fool, but I do think you learned a very valuable lesson, and that your post (in such great detail) may safe someone's life. Of all the thin...
by Brick Top
Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:31 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Make your own footpads, kiteboard fins, safety knife
Replies: 1
Views: 1293

make yer own stuff

Yayyyyy finally someone else who makes their own stuff. I made four really great fins from 1/2" (laminted from two sheets of 1/4") ABS. They look and work just great. Took me approx 2 hours complete. I'm not into paying $38 each plus tax for rainbow fins. What a rip off!!

Brick top
by Brick Top
Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:54 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Thieves at Nitinat!
Replies: 26
Views: 6915

theft at nitnat

In the old days it was an acceptable punishment to lock the indiviual up in blocks in full view of the towns folk. As the day progressed the person was pelted with rotten food and other stinky things. A humiliating and just punishment me thinks. Now all we need to do is catch the thief. Anyone have ...
by Brick Top
Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:03 am
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Thieves at Nitinat!
Replies: 26
Views: 6915

theft at Nitnat

Ok taking a wallet is one thing. But taking BEER out of a cooler is in my opionion, a hanging offense (and there are lots of tree's to use at Nitnat) !!! I pity the person that gets caught redhanded with someone else's property. The last weekend we were there our freinds had all their beer stolen, a...