Search found 91 matches

by jim mckenzie
Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:17 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Vancouver NMW water access
Replies: 0
Views: 307

Vancouver NMW water access

My brother send this to me from Vancouver. I thought it might be of interest here. https://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/vancouver-launch-sites-non-motorized-watercraft-could-become-permanent?utm_source=www.vancitylookout.com&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=a-vancouver-sized-multiplex-...
by jim mckenzie
Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:41 pm
Forum: Wingfoiling Discussion
Topic: Stripped footstrap insert
Replies: 10
Views: 2139

Re: Stripped footstrap insert

Sorry that I don't have a clever answer but I'm wondering why a larger screw is not the best solution to the problem, given the hassle of replacing it and the strength requirement involved.
by jim mckenzie
Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:32 pm
Topic: Flat water foiling spots
Replies: 7
Views: 2035

Re: Flat water foiling spots

I sail where the SE wind blows directly into the bay. As the day goes by it slowly shifts to South and the wind becomes offshore, blowing over land on the right. In the process the waves go from lumpy to micro-chop. I have another island downwind so it's not too hazardous. Perhaps one of your bays o...
by jim mckenzie
Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:25 am
Topic: Night rides with LEDs
Replies: 8
Views: 2307

Re: Night rides with LEDs

I once windsurfed into the night at Tswwassen causeway until it was pitch black. I was surprised to find that without the visual reference of the water's surface it wasn't so great. Try sailing with your eyes closed and you might see what I mean. If you can't anticipate the bumps and hollows you hav...
by jim mckenzie
Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:42 am
Topic: DIY wingfoil harness?
Replies: 15
Views: 4983

Re: DIY wingfoil harness?

Way, way back at the very beginning we had chest harnesses. Like a life jacket, your arms go through straps and it buckles at your chest along with the hook. It should work for you by the sounds of your requirement. The hook is on a plate only about 3 inches square, haven't seen one for a long time....
by jim mckenzie
Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:25 am
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Windsurf Foiling Discussion
Replies: 146
Views: 61658

Frankenboards

Hey Tempy, I'm using the other end for smaller boards. Here's an old Cobra 260 with my scaled up fiberglass Neil Pryde foil and a Roberts slalom chopped off with my new 1m. carbon foil. Salvaged Tuttle boxes and reinstalled. Foils are wood core with hand layup. Both boards worked well behind the boa...
by jim mckenzie
Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:12 pm
Topic: Wingfoiling Progression
Replies: 272
Views: 82868

Slake

I have an aluminum 12' boat with a 3.5 hp motor that has been a god send to my foiling. I was windfoiling 2 summers ago and struggled, mostly chasing wind. Last summer I got behind the boat and it just made where to stand and the feel of things so easy after only a couple of sessions. Now windfoil i...
by jim mckenzie
Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:59 am
Topic: Wingfoiling
Replies: 353
Views: 100579

Excellent advice guys and thanks a lot. It's nice to hear from those who have been there.
by jim mckenzie
Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:24 am

Thanks Robin and Juan. I have chopped down a couple of old windsurf boards for myself but I'm small and so are they. This is for my brother who is bigger than me and I don't want him to be frustrated. Sounds like a 110 is in order. We were thinking 90 but I agree with both of you. Paired with a 6m w...
by jim mckenzie
Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:04 am

first wing foil board

Hi guys; I wonder if any of you would suggest a volume for a first wing foil board for a guy about 175 pounds with windsurfing experience. I'm afraid some pre-puchase anxiety is going on...
by jim mckenzie
Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:57 pm
Topic: Missing Naish Glbal M windsurf board in Georgia Strait
Replies: 14
Views: 5540

amazing

way2go Tempy!
by jim mckenzie
Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:17 pm
Topic: Missing Naish Glbal M windsurf board in Georgia Strait
Replies: 14
Views: 5540

Board

I was just thinking that without the rig the board would go fast, as stated, and likely would take a pretty straight downwind course. I wonder if a Google Earth search with a wind direction might indicate a probable location. Hopefully, you get it back, looks nice.
by jim mckenzie
Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:30 am
Forum: Cool Links Section
Topic: Canadian Wind Wings and Foils
Replies: 9
Views: 4505

Way 2 go!

Nice to have a local manufacturer. Will be checking out your gear. And Good Luck to you.
by jim mckenzie
Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:45 am
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Just assk Nanmoo
Replies: 40
Views: 17332

Just ask Nanmoo.

Hey Nanmoo, I've been enjoying windfoiling lately and find myself wondering, should I bother with getting a wing for foiling or should I just save up and get an electric foil so I don't have to worry about chasing the wind. Actually, my brother brought this up yesterday. I couldn't afford the e-boar...
by jim mckenzie
Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:52 am
Topic: Winter wetsuit
Replies: 17
Views: 8636

winter wetsuit

I find my thin hooded vest helps a lot. If available, something like it could carry you until what you want arrives.