Search found 30 matches

by Swissmatt
Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:03 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Snowkiting
Replies: 10
Views: 2492

great info

thanks guys, will keep doing research .. as mentioned, I've been out of the loop since the 04/05 gear season and I take it there are quite some improvements in that department? I especially hear things about massive wind ranges, kits wanting to stay aloft even at very low wind speeds and easy relaun...
by Swissmatt
Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:13 pm

need more info ..

Hey BK, thanks for the offer, but I'm not quite ready to buy . I need to gather some info from people who know as to what is suitable for snow and what not .. so far I'm tempted to buy foils just for ease of setup etc. but I'll keep you in mind!
by Swissmatt
Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:00 am

Snowkiting

Evnin .. so, it's been a while ... but I'm sorta trying to get back at it .. albeit not in Victoria but Northern AB this time .. Are there any among you who snowkite and are willing to share some info regarding gear with me? On that note I'm also interested in buying 2nd hand gear .. Looking for kit...
by Swissmatt
Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:15 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Ideal surf vehicle???
Replies: 167
Views: 33334

4Runner

not sure whether this is the place to post this, but I have a 4Runner for sale .. pm me if you're interested ..
+M

8)
by Swissmatt
Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:21 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: life jackets
Replies: 22
Views: 5172

holly molly .. that story just made my stomach churn .. you went to the bottom four times and everytime regained consciousness in the nick of time to get another breath? I dare say you had a few more than just one guardian angel sitting on your shoulders .. I wear a wetsuit or drysuit with an impact...
by Swissmatt
Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:31 pm
Forum: Cool Links Section
Topic: Dark side
Replies: 16
Views: 5033

see, I kinda settled for the surfboard after I didn't let wakeboard count .. that was at Question 29 too .. but, well, it's really still not a kiteboard .. I think I beat the dark side ..
by Swissmatt
Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:20 pm
Forum: Cool Links Section
Topic: Dark side
Replies: 16
Views: 5033

ok, that just robbed me of 20min of my life .. nice ...
by Swissmatt
Thu May 05, 2005 8:51 am
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Nitinat Summer Racing
Replies: 112
Views: 22899

Date?

wooh wooh .. when's the Nitinat event happening? Did I miss a date shift?? Is it still the 20-23 or has that changed??? Please advise! Don't want to be missing that!!!

Swissmatt
by Swissmatt
Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:49 pm
Topic: somewhat out of place but still ...
Replies: 11
Views: 2682

Hey Grant

It be great to chat over beers .. maybe we can salvage some of your stuff and 'build' a movie? How do I get in touch with you?

Matt
by Swissmatt
Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:45 pm

Hey Grant, thanks for the tips .. I guess there is quite a bit of risk associated with this .. not only 'salt-water' but also the g-forces .. hm .. Did you use a bullet-cam which you glued to your helmet or did you put the whole thing up there? Would love to see your footage sometime .. mathis@uvic....
by Swissmatt
Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:36 am

somewhat out of place but still ...

Aloha .. Any video camera pro's out there that know something about miniDV cams and their capabilities in terms of action sport filming? I want to buy and matchbox miniDV cam and sway between the Sony DCR109 and the Canon Optura 500. They're quite different in terms of price and maybe one of you has...
by Swissmatt
Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:47 pm
Topic: Wind?
Replies: 2
Views: 1199

ouch, I can feel the mockery .. guess rookies deserve that .. eh?

:lol:
by Swissmatt
Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:08 pm
Topic: Wind?
Views: 1199

Wind?

Hey, anyone online on right now? Is the wind going to pick up, will there be kiting going on this pm (Sunday, Oct. 24)??

I'm hoping so, have my eyes on either IV beach or Dallas Rd ..

Would be great to know if anyone else is heading someplace ..

Mathis
by Swissmatt
Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:41 pm
Topic: Nitinat Sept. 18/19
Views: 1082

hey man, that sounds like it's worth it for next weekend! right on .. do you have any tips regarding which weather stations to monitor for Nitinat?

Matt
by Swissmatt
Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:15 pm
Topic: Nitinat Sept. 18/19
Views: 1082

Nitinat Sept. 18/19

Is Nitinat still blowing or what? Wondering whether it's worth heading up there next weekend (Sept. 18/19) ..

advice highly appreciated! :D

Matt