Search found 9 matches

by Stephanie
Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:41 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Russian Dood - we're thinking of you!
Replies: 289
Views: 84448

I forwarded this forum thread to Elena and have just received the following email from her.... "Thank you for the kind words guys! I have printed out the bwd postings for Andrei and will read them to him - I hope he'll understand how much support he has and that his friends are wishing him well...
by Stephanie
Mon May 31, 2010 11:28 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Caught naked on Cook webcam!
Replies: 60
Views: 20452

I am thrilled to say that the wind community pulled together and raised $4642 in support of cystic fibrosis and our fellow kite buddy, Paul. Although we did not raise quite enough money to have the pleasure of viewing Kitekook naked on the Cook St webcam, the Vive et Ama team did raise $26,721 . And...
by Stephanie
Sun May 30, 2010 11:08 pm

Thanks everyone for your donations and support! A small crew of us had a great satelite walk along Chesterman's in Tofino this morning and we were with the Victoria walkers in spirit (though we might have been a bit wetter!) We plan to do the draw Monday night around 9pm and will be sure to post the...
by Stephanie
Thu May 27, 2010 4:47 pm

Just stopped by Paul's house to drop off some donations and heard the outstanding news that the Vive et Ama team is now in 3rd place for most money raised across Canada!! And we are just a few dollars short of holding 2nd place. Also just received the message below from the Cystic Fibrosis Foundatio...
by Stephanie
Tue May 18, 2010 10:44 pm

Since we've had such an amazing and generous response from the BWD community, I wanted to let everyone know how much Paul is hoping in the final 12 days for a further outpouring of support. Here's a burb from an email he just sent out to his family and close friends.... A milestone has been reached ...
by Stephanie
Sat May 15, 2010 10:07 pm

Xtreme Wear Glasses is teaming up with Vive et Ama to help raise 40k for cystic fibrosis. Please visit their website, www.Xtremewearglasses.com (or click). For every pair of glasses ordered, using our charity code, "Vive et Ama", Xtreme Wear will donate $15.00 to our cause. This code is a...
by Stephanie
Sat May 15, 2010 10:01 pm

Caught naked on Cook webcam!

Now that we have your attention….. :D There are some exciting updates to share about Paul’s (KiteKook) fundraiser for Cystic Fibrosis so I’ve started a new catchy thread in hopes of engaging everyone’s curiosity (and donating mojo too!). There are just two weeks left to make your donation ! Firstly,...
by Stephanie
Tue May 04, 2010 8:18 pm
Topic: KiteKook needs your help!
Replies: 27
Views: 9229

Big thanks to Colin and BWD for their generous donations and to Russiandood for his offer of support with the walk. So far the wind community has donated $400! Thanks everyone....let's keep this thread going and give Paul the support he deserves. I included a quote from Paul on my blog that explains...
by Stephanie
Sun May 02, 2010 11:46 pm
Topic: KiteKook needs your help!
Replies: 27
Views: 9229

KiteKook needs your help!

Many of you will know KiteKook well from kiting with him on Dallas Rd and some of you will only know him from his witty posts. Not all of you may know though, that he has Cystic Fibrosis. CF is the most common genetically fatal disease affecting children and young adults in Canada. Paul is an except...