Search found 44 matches

by JasonD
Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:48 am
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: OR Stick Shift vs Shift
Replies: 3
Views: 3152

I did mean Stick Shift vs Shift. Just wondering if the extra $$ is worth it for the newer version. If the 'loop' is the only thing that changed then I'd opt for the older version Stick Shift. Unfortunately, the 'deal' that I saw is now out of stock so may have to opt for another brand as I'm not a f...
by JasonD
Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:17 am
Topic: OR Stick Shift vs Shift
Replies: 3
Views: 3152

OR Stick Shift vs Shift

Anybody used both versions? Worth the extra $$ for the Shift? Thanks!
by JasonD
Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:48 am
Topic: Copenhagen
Replies: 0
Views: 1277

Copenhagen

Anybody been? Quick searches show spots just south and across the bridge into Sweden south of Malmo. I'll be there in June which I understand is the start of their season? If anybody's been, were you able to rent gear? Thanks!
by JasonD
Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:33 am
Topic: Minor incident at Nitinat Aug 26th – feedback?
Replies: 31
Views: 12928

Joostio: Really?? Wow! Please tell me you were not taught this and are not teaching people this!! Kiting aside; if you practice what you preach on the water in a sailboat, you need to give your head a shake and re-read the ColRegs n have someone interpret the rules to you. Then again, it's people li...
by JasonD
Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:58 pm
Topic: Minor incident at Nitinat Aug 26th – feedback?
Replies: 31
Views: 12928

I'm not a fan of using the term Right-of-Way. The correct Coll Regs are Stand On and Give Way. I think the term Right-of-Way gives a rider too much of the "I'm not moving, I've got the Right-of-Way." attitude even though Rule 17b basically states that a Stand on Vessel should try and avoid...
by JasonD
Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:11 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: SUP surfing
Replies: 24
Views: 12381

Hi TheLaw! Sent you a pm. Thanks!
by JasonD
Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:48 am

David, I'm transitioning down from a 10'6"x29"x4 3/8". I use a large single fin without the small side fins. With all 3, I find it doesn't turn fast enough/takes too much effort and with just the 2 small side fins makes it way too responsive while paddling. e.g.: With a single fin I'm...
by JasonD
Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:46 pm

livetheocean: -I've noticed that the longer board is lower in volume and the shorter board is higher in volume? What is more important? Length or volume? For me being 6'2" 215lbs, I'm wondering if the higher volume/lower length would be a easier transition from the tank? I've emailed the usedvi...
by JasonD
Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:52 pm

smartang: -I have ridden lighter/smaller boards hence the reason I'd like to transition to a lighter/smaller board. I remember turning right off the back of the wave once because of the response based on the effort I put into a turn. The same effort on my tank just enables me to turn into the waves....
by JasonD
Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:17 pm

You're right, I should have asked... I clicked on the link and searched in the Used section. The boards listed were all over $1000.

I've never heard of AHD boards so I will do some research.

Thanks!!
by JasonD
Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:06 pm

Thanks Kus! I'm looking for used and those appear to be out of my price range. Thanks Ned, I will check Ocean River. I thought they were all about the SUP racing. Thanks Nanmoo! I've tried the carbon's and I find they are too responsive/tippy for me because I'm so used to riding a 10'6" tank wi...
by JasonD
Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:35 pm

SUP surfing

Hello! I hope this is the right forum to be posting in?! I've been SUP surfing for a few years now and I outgrew my old ugly SUP a long time ago but can never find any used SUPs for sale. I've seen, and surfed with, many of you guys at the local breaks and I'm aware that most of you windsurf which i...
by JasonD
Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:27 pm
Topic: New lines
Replies: 1
Views: 1538

New lines

Looking for new lines. Does OR, here in Vic, sell lines?
Thanks!
Jason
by JasonD
Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:20 pm
Topic: Bar lines
Replies: 2
Views: 1415

Bar lines

Hey! Any advice on buying new bar lines? Broke one so trying to be smart by replacing all of them before any others break... Online sources? Thanks!
by JasonD
Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:55 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Free Kites!
Replies: 2
Views: 1112

Thanks! Contacted Kalena...