Search found 10 matches

by Wooderson
Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:44 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Noobs & Kooks Unite! (Island View?)
Replies: 43
Views: 11081

Hey steveo, it would be great to have some company on those walks of shame. I live in Nanaimo but will be back in Victoria over xmas/ny. Let's try and meet up for some Kiting.
by Wooderson
Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:50 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Movie night -- Dec 4 -- BCCF fundraiser in support of RD
Replies: 18
Views: 5999

Wish I could make it! I don't get back into the country until the 20th but I will be attending any future events at RVYC, that's where I first learnt how to sail as a kid.
by Wooderson
Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:01 pm
Topic: looking for someone to repair a dry suit neck seal
Replies: 7
Views: 2277

Depending on the brand you can get new gaskets at MEC. I replaced a kokatat neck gasket with AquaSeal. Cut your old neck gasket down to about 5cm remaining. Stretch it out over a pot or other object that will sufficiently hold it and stretch it. I put my new gasket on the outside of the old gasket. ...
by Wooderson
Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:12 am
Topic: Which kites are in your quiver?
Replies: 13
Views: 3328

@gabe

Thanks a lot, that link was really helpful. It's a big commitment to get new gear so I want to make sure I'm getting the right stuff.

I'm looking at the Cabrihna nomad 2011, 9m and 13m. Trying to get by with a 2 kite quiver. I'm 185 pounds.
by Wooderson
Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:55 am
Topic: Which kites are in your quiver?
Replies: 13
Views: 3328

Which kites are in your quiver?

What sort of kites have you found the best for your area?

Currently I'm riding a 2007 North Rebel 10m in the Colima area in Mexico.

I'm hoping to get a new kite or two when I get back to the island and was curious what people like?
by Wooderson
Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:22 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: LaVentana
Replies: 19
Views: 4175

Hey guys, I will be getting to La Ventana next week, hope I see some of you on the beach.
by Wooderson
Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:01 pm
Topic: Moving back to the Island
Replies: 8
Views: 2846

That wiki style page is a great resource. That's exactly what I was looking for. It looks like there's quite a few options around that area which is great.
by Wooderson
Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:07 am

Awesome Sandra, can't wait to get back and get out on the water with you.

Does anyone have any advice for the go to beaches around Nanaimo? I am looking at places for rent right now and would like to get one close to a consistent local spot, Dec - May.
by Wooderson
Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:16 pm

Thanks Greg, yeah it seems like the two schools I had found in Victoria were closed down for the season. If only we could all just travel south when we wanted to!
by Wooderson
Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:56 pm

Moving back to the Island

Hey guys, I will be moving back to the Island in December and I'm excited about the idea of living so close to the beach so I can get out kiteboarding. I will be going to school in Nanaimo but was thinking of renting a place close to Parksville for the ease of access to Columbia beach. I learned to ...