Search found 24 matches

by Trav
Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:52 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Pay yourself first, then kite.
Replies: 17
Views: 3976

I find what works quick is pay for things with cash, at the end of the day all change goes in your spot. When getting gas put in a couple bucks less and put the remainder away. Also kick in a 20 every now and then. I find this is a quick way to stack away funds. However having just had our fourth ch...
by Trav
Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:07 am
Topic: Kiting lessons
Replies: 30
Views: 7940

my 2 bits.

As a progressing learner I'll toss my hat in. I started with a 3.5m 3 line trainer; this thing has gotten a LOT of use. Any flyable wind I was out there. I still use it in a heavy wind land boarding (the third line is great for bails). However, I have started flying my 5m more and more. It is an old...
by Trav
Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:54 pm
Topic: stanky gear.
Replies: 3
Views: 1242

stanky gear.

After many great sesions of landboarding, It would apear that my gear could use a bath. What is the best way to get kites/lines/bars clean. Are there any cleaners that are safe for kites and such? It has gone a little long :oops: so just a hose down and hang from the clothes line will be lacking. An...
by Trav
Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:30 am
Forum: Cool Links Section
Topic: Kite/Windsurf Videos for Doldrums
Replies: 122
Views: 55403

Can't wait for the full vid. All this time off with parental leave and no wind on the horizon. booerns!
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... cqU20V0QSS
by Trav
Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:58 am
Topic: Upwind - Launch of a Sport. The history of Kitesurfing
Replies: 14
Views: 3424

Thanks for this vid. It iis really awsome to see the progresion. Those early days were crazy!
by Trav
Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:02 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: BWD Wear 2012
Replies: 33
Views: 9151

Where can I pick it up? Parksville'ish area. We do not have a victoria or south island trip planed in the near future.
by Trav
Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:13 pm
Topic: U-Stick Replacement LE Bladder Valve?
Replies: 7
Views: 2294

Maybe try Greg from Comox Kite Repair. http://www.comoxkiterepair.ca/
he might have something for you.
by Trav
Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:48 pm
Topic: BWD Wear 2012
Replies: 33
Views: 9151

I'll take a black large please.
by Trav
Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:37 pm
Forum: Cool Links Section
Topic: Andrei Windsurfing
Replies: 16
Views: 5065

I'm very sorry for everyones loss. I unfortanatly never got to meet him but he sounded like a real great guy. My Prayers are with his family. I made this for everyone, I Hope it's ok with those who put the pictures up. If not I'll take it down.
by Trav
Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:05 pm
Topic: Favorite tricks.
Replies: 7
Views: 2169

Favorite tricks.

What is your favorite tricks or air or whatever. Both what you can do and what you can watch and dream about.

Favorite Can Do: Relaunch (ya well I'm still new so it's cool to me.)
Favorite watch/wish I could: Darkslide (Nothing to me beats a long low smooth darkslide.)
by Trav
Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:57 pm
Topic: Why Kite Bladder welding vs replacement + BEFORE/AFTER pics
Replies: 19
Views: 4483

thanks

Very Happy Greg. Great job. Thanks, when other work is needed on my gear you will be my go to repair guy.
by Trav
Wed May 23, 2012 11:38 pm
Topic: Why Kite Bladder welding vs replacement + BEFORE/AFTER pics
Replies: 19
Views: 4483

House Call?

Can I drop one off on a drive by? I actualy have 2 that need some love. One is blown out right at the tail.(Not the tail seam but close.) The other is a slow leak, I have not gone to deep into what is wrong with this one.
I'm just glad I have now learned that repairs are just up the road.
by Trav
Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:05 pm
Topic: lesson gear.
Replies: 2
Views: 1064

lesson gear.

When adventuring forth in the world of lessons, although most instructors provide gear, is it best to come with your own gear that you are familiar with? Or just rip it up with some lesson gear and save your own? I'm getting closer to some water time lessons.
by Trav
Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:31 pm
Topic: used gear?
Replies: 12
Views: 3215

This is really great stuff to consider. I have only ever bought local online. I do prefer to support local , so I guess next time I'm out watching at Columbia with the fam I should just get the heck out of my shell and come say hi. Then when someone is upgrading there gear maybe I could get some han...
by Trav
Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:07 pm
Topic: used gear?
Replies: 12
Views: 3215

used gear?

What is the general opinion about purchasing gear from say e bay or other used sites? Any sucess / failure / or flat out never again stories? Some online deals look great. but are these usualy wolf in sheeps clothing? Let it be know I'M not oposed to brand new shiny gear. My bank account however is....