Search found 4 matches

by Scubasteve
Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:33 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Kiting in Nanaimo
Replies: 38
Views: 18579

Lantzville kiting

San pareil or Rowland's on mid rising tide in nanoose on SE and once in a while a winter NW will make Sebastion or Blueback work on midtide. Need good self launch skills. Myron not good for kiters. Barnacles and pier piling. Occas. The actual pipers lagoon on SE high tide if you have skilz.
by Scubasteve
Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:46 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: kite repair
Replies: 8
Views: 3415

Comox kite repair...great care of your kite. Fixed a few of my kites and those of my friends. Meticulous. Comes to west coast from time to time.
by Scubasteve
Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:57 pm
Topic: Pump rehab
Replies: 0
Views: 943

Pump rehab

Got this tip re pump rehab somewhere, used before and again the other day. All that Tofino sand really fouls things up. I used warm soapy water, cleaned well, dried the pump then sprayed silicone spray into the pump. Now both pumps are like new. I got the silicone spray from a dental office, where i...
by Scubasteve
Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:05 am
Topic: Gloves
Replies: 0
Views: 903

Gloves

My hands usually freeze in the cold and wind. Bought NRS Maverick size Med(I am bigger guy, large if your fingers chubby). Super flexible, totally wind proof and warm. So far best glove that I have found for separate fingers and warm. They sell a mitten which is wind proof which I will try for those...