Search found 6 matches

by wallacej
Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:15 am
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Looking for Advice for a Beginner
Replies: 15
Views: 5239

Ya, I will just grab a US fin and shim if need be. That video is pretty sweet. I would have thought it would be far more complicated than that.

Thanks

Jason
by wallacej
Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:33 am

Thanks JL. That is not a bad idea at all. I am thinking I might go that way. I have pulled the push button track slide out and am going to get a couple brass sliders, for now I was thinking a single bolt mast base but would you suggest just going to the double bolt base? I would imagine it is quite ...
by wallacej
Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:30 am

Might have found my answer.

Is this an "A Box" fin box that would use a standard US fin? Am I in correct in thinking this? Just use a sliding square fin nut and bolt. Slide it in the opening and put the fin peg in and screw the front down to the square nut.
by wallacej
Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:18 am

Found some gear!

Hey everyone. I found some sliders that will fit the track on my old board from WindSports Alberta for cheap. They also have some really nice used gear and ship. Just for everyone information. In my need for advice I have one more question then I should be ready to go flail around in the ocean for a...
by wallacej
Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:01 pm

Nice. Thank you guys for all the great idea's. I am going to go home and look at what I have and see if I can't rig something up. When it is all hodge podged together I will post a picture. I appreciate the low level of scrutiny on my silly old board purchase. I was just looking for something cheap ...
by wallacej
Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:27 am

Looking for Advice for a Beginner

Can anyone tell me a good place to get windsurfing equipment on the Island? I have purchased an older 80's F2 Strato and have a mast that I am trying to pair with it. I am in need of a mast foot and extension to work with this setup but can not seem to find anywhere nearby to go to for advice on wha...