Super cool. Thanks for the info guys.
by slowlearner
Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:11 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Nitnat conditions
Replies: 3
Views: 2244

Nitnat conditions

Just curious, is there anything in the wind model that would work for Nitnat conditions?

How full is the campground on weekends usually?
by slowlearner
Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:39 am
Topic: First time out
Replies: 7
Views: 3430

Thanks for the tips Winddude. Will give that a try next time.
by slowlearner
Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:13 pm

Sailing log... good idea, I'll add an entry. As for the rocky start, well that was mostly just a comedy of errors - starting with trying to remember how to rig up, then realizing I didn't park near the stairs to the beach. Then it was trying to find my balance on the board and uphaul without falling...
by slowlearner
Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:12 am

First time out

The sun, stars, weather, wind and weekend finally aligned for me and I was able to get on the water on Saturday at Willows. I am stoked! What an awesome way to spend an afternoon. Being almost a total noob I had a pretty rocky start, but finally was able to stay up and sail back and forth along the ...
by slowlearner
Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:31 pm
Topic: Newb looking for advice
Replies: 8
Views: 3644

Thanks for the advice y'all! I'll check out the Bic Calypso, sounds like that might be a good way to start. Will check out Kus' site too.

I've thought about kiting but for some reason I'm just drawn to Windsurfing more. It's just hard to get started with...so much to learn!
by slowlearner
Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:47 am
Topic: Newb looking for advice
Replies: 8
Views: 3644

Newb looking for advice

Hi BWDers, I'm interested in getting into windsurfing and looking for advice on gear. I tried windsurfing on vacation a couple of years ago and loved it, managed to get the hang of uphauling and staying on the board, at least for short periods of time. :D My question is, where would a beginner go to...