Search found 26 matches

by raztec
Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:50 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Inflation?
Replies: 8
Views: 5424

Inflation?

I'm just curious how much the cost of gear has increased in the last 10 years. Has there been a substantial increase in the cost of kites, harnesses, bars etc. since 2010?

Thx
by raztec
Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:49 pm
Topic: Trinidad and Tobago for the winter
Replies: 7
Views: 3399

Thanks for all the good info.

I'm a novice and really prefer the flat water. I've only got 9 and 12m kites.

Am thinking over xmas and new year and won't have a car. Is the windward side better in that respect or Pigeon point?

Thx
by raztec
Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:57 pm
Topic: Trinidad and Tobago for the winter
Replies: 7
Views: 3399

Trinidad and Tobago for the winter

I'm looking an alternative winter destination to La Ventana and came across Tobago as an option.

Has anyone been kiting there? Looking for info about the best time of year, kites to bring, where to stay etc.

Many thx
by raztec
Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:11 pm
Topic: Time commitment for this sport
Replies: 12
Views: 6815

Thanks guys. Will do. I do find, however, that though I'm in good physical shape and exercise at least 5 days a week, that kiteboarding is taxing on the thighs. Despite my regular jogging, I really feel the "burn" and can't manage for more than 2 hours a day. That's not a problem once you'...
by raztec
Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:34 am

Thanks mate! That's exactly the kind of advice I was looking for. I'm 56, relatively athletic and have achieved an advanced/expert level in a couple of other sports, namely paragliding and motorcycle race track riding, both of which I still do though the latter much less so. However, after 10+ years...
by raztec
Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:28 am

Time commitment for this sport

I'm getting into this sport and finally after about 10 days I'm going upwind and now working on transitions. But, I'm finding it takes quite a time commitment which I'm a little short on at the moment. Realistically I can probably commit to about 15 days per year, perhaps 3-5 in the summer at Nitnat...
by raztec
Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:59 pm
Topic: Kiteboarding gear on airline flights
Replies: 3
Views: 3471

Thanks for the advice. Got the ION gear 2/4 golf bag and it fits all my gear with room to spare. Alaska Airlines seems to allow water sports boards of all types without exhorbitant extra fees even if the bag is oversized. Last question: how do you guys pack your bags so that things like the chicken ...
by raztec
Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:09 pm
Topic: Kiteboarding gear on airline flights
Replies: 3
Views: 3471

Kiteboarding gear on airline flights

Hi guys

This is probably a dumb question, but how do you guys transport a big 142cm OR Origin board on a flight to Baja.

I'm planning on heading down there for Jan and wondering how I can get all my luggage on the plane: 2 kites, board, harness etc. + other gear.

Thx
A
by raztec
Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:37 am
Topic: Winter kite trip
Replies: 10
Views: 5223

Re: beginner cayo guillermo

If your a newby Cayo guillermo is perfect conditions, with big wide sandy beach and sand bottom for 500 meter out and kilometers along beach in under waist deep!! same wind as CSM but smooth no waves,. no wetsuit.. bring sunscreen and sun rash guard. Suggest Sercotel of Daiquiri resort if your a ne...
by raztec
Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:26 am
Forum: Weather Talk
Topic: Nitnat forecast
Replies: 4
Views: 5205

Nitnat forecast

What do people use to predict the winds for Nitnat lake?
I'm thinking of going this weekend but need to know what it's going to be like.

Many thanks for any help.
by raztec
Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:50 am
Topic: Differences in OR Prodigy gen 3 vs 4 vs 5
Views: 3662

Don't the gen 4 and gen 5 have a different valve system?
by raztec
Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:30 am

How about the valves used in inflating them?
I've heard there are significant differences and some you need to steer away from.

Thx
by raztec
Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:31 pm

Differences in OR Prodigy gen 3 vs 4 vs 5

Can someone tell me what the main differences are between the OR Prodigy gen 3 vs 4 vs 5?

I've heard there are advantages and disadvantages of each.

Many Thanks
A
by raztec
Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:39 pm
Topic: Best Bar
Replies: 2
Views: 1590

Best Bar

Newbie here looking to get the most simple, fail safe bar that I can use with different kites (OR Prodigy and Cabrinha SB). What's the consensus these days about which bar has the easiest, most simple release mechanism that doesn't deploy accidentally and can be reattached with ease? Also, is it pos...
by raztec
Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:59 pm
Topic: Newbie looking for advice on gear, locations etc.
Replies: 17
Views: 7068

Huge thanks Ian for the board!
Looking forward to getting some stability on my feet and going upwind instead of face planting every 100m.