Search found 307 matches

by Teabag
Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:40 pm
Forum: Directions to Island Sailing Spots
Topic: 2021 Nitinaht road reports
Replies: 11
Views: 4033

Re: 2021 Nitinaht road reports

As of last weekdend, road is top shape condition. (very good). End of April mid way the road was quite rough. Now super good.
by Teabag
Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:07 pm
Forum: Weather Talk
Topic: El Nino / La nina / Neutral
Replies: 239
Views: 89081

Hopefully will get out of my lazy ass and stop reading into SJW stuff/cancel culture things and redo a database on El Nino/La Nina and Neutral from 2004 to 2020 instead. (Pretty sure can do this first part in 2-3hours max) *** For Nitinaht Lake I would compare vs session logs June/July/Aug of each y...
by Teabag
Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:34 pm
Forum: Weather Talk
Topic: El Nino / La nina / Neutral
Replies: 239
Views: 89081

Tempy, I was bored sometimes in 2013 and also wanted to figure out, what does it means for Van Island in regard to chance of wind if we under La Nina / El Nino, or neutral. So double checked the history of 8 years (2004-2012) on which months were La Nina: Red , El Nino: Blue and Neutral: Black. (It ...
by Teabag
Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:39 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Tribute to Harry Weiler
Replies: 19
Views: 12410

Ill be there. Will also bring the "door" if light wind someone that does not have a light wind board may use.
by Teabag
Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:06 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Cook St "Thieves" on the lookout
Replies: 5
Views: 3944

IMO no need to worry at all if there is already 1 or 2 kiter on the water. Especially on week end or after work week days. Yesterday there was 2 group of women sun bathing near launch area. If there was not another kiter present I would have asked them if they stay longer, and explaining the situati...
by Teabag
Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:47 am
Topic: Cook St "Thieves" on the lookout
Replies: 5
Views: 3944

Cook St "Thieves" on the lookout

I might be wrong on this, but I think that there are homeless people looking to score value items / are on the look out at cook st. -If you are by yourself kiting at cook st, maybe just bring 1 kite and 1 board , and do not leave your car keys in your kite bag (keys might be safer on top, just be di...
by Teabag
Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:37 am
Topic: kiteboarding accidents / safety tips
Replies: 291
Views: 147126

Launch at cook st on the beach instead, way safer :) As for testing some jump/air: With your 17m when wind is S, SSE and there is a lot of updraft go near shore slowly and bring bar in. As long as you are not going fast and load like a regular jump, you should go up, like a ladder, and go down upwin...
by Teabag
Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:47 am
Topic: Windfest & Camp Fees
Replies: 17
Views: 11351

No way anyone would complain for a small $30 extra!!! Do you guys have the dates for this year?
by Teabag
Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:39 pm
Topic: Atan Booties Order
Replies: 22
Views: 11728

By "the normal one" I mean the short one with split toe. (At work slow internet)
by Teabag
Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:35 pm
Topic: Atan Booties Order
Replies: 22
Views: 11728

KUS, if not too late, I would like 2 pair.
1 pair the normal ones like I order in the past
1 pair the one with ankle and Kevlar.

Most of my boots/running shoes are either size 9 and or 9 and 1/2. (Depend on shoe/boots.)

Do you know if ATAN makes gloves as well?
by Teabag
Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:14 am
Topic: cuba. Nov to mar 9 and 12m , 5of 7 day
Replies: 4
Views: 2419

Canada, 5 days out of 7. Nice wind.
by Teabag
Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:08 pm
Topic: Newbie looking for advice on gear, locations etc.
Replies: 17
Views: 7076

Amir, I called you back, but on your return call you left me a message saying you could not understand a word of what I was trying to say. I called back and you didn't call back. (you didn't seem to know it was Teabag, was calling you saying I brought the door last weekend for you to ride it) Anyway...
by Teabag
Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:42 pm
Topic: Spearfishing
Replies: 3
Views: 2063

Luke a guy in my course is looking into spearfishing as well. He is trying to find a used wetsuit (I think he found one on craiglist). Ill text both of you on FB. Kevin is his name.
by Teabag
Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:25 pm
Topic: Nitinat Kite Lessons, Launching affecting Park/water users
Replies: 60
Views: 19525

Adolf might have a solution. I called him but he was quite busy, and he is quite busy this week to but he said he might come up with some sort of solution later this week. Brandon pretty much sum it up with its latest post though.
by Teabag
Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:44 pm
Topic: Cook St on Friday
Replies: 12
Views: 5103

I think we might have been to harsh on the newbies, 3 summers at Nitinaht and still nervous to go kite Cook street... (has to do with warning beggineer that cook street is for too advanced than what it is???) You just have to be carefull for the launch, ask around. As for the reefs, they are pretty ...