Search found 32 matches

by jeamer
Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:29 am
Forum: Support
Topic: Google Chrome no longer supports NPAPI (Java)
Replies: 9
Views: 7530

Wow, awesome, thanks bwd! Great job. Works flawlessly.

All the jokes about AOL and roids and I thought this was dead in the water...
by jeamer
Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:17 am
Forum: Support
Topic: Google Chrome no longer supports NPAPI (Java)
Replies: 9
Views: 7530

Google Chrome no longer supports NPAPI (Java)

I know that at the very least, the time lapse functions on the webcams run on Java. There's probably more. I think this will become more common across browsers soon. Is there any thought toward a switch to flash, or HTML5?

https://java.com/en/download/faq/chrome.xml
by jeamer
Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:37 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Ideal Windsurf / Kiting Vehicle?
Replies: 456
Views: 120623

Apparently cost $6 million to make... at a recent auction no one made the minimum $50 000 bid. Ouch.

http://utmnews.com/6-million-dollar-pic ... ver-built/
by jeamer
Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:27 am
Forum: Weather Talk
Topic: pressure slope
Replies: 16
Views: 12310

Great, thanks. Watching this SE develop with curiosity. I do recall being able to forecast the SE fizzle with the P.S. among other things, but I'll have to get the hang of it again. All about how that L tracks....
by jeamer
Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:00 pm
Topic: pressure slope
Replies: 16
Views: 12310

Shew look at that... this post has been "going" for 12 years! Gotta be a record on this site... JL, someone, there's gotta be a fairly simple way to at least approximate the pressure slope. Something we can rig up for the site? I remember that one of the stations it used was Smith Island.....
by jeamer
Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:00 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Surf SUP recommendation
Replies: 31
Views: 7216

Superdave... how much are you selling those used SUPs for? Got a paddle as well?
by jeamer
Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:06 am
Topic: Can we cancel the cancellation of the Pressure Slope page?
Replies: 12
Views: 5246

FYI

When I asked about the pressure slope (others may have done this already, but I couldn't find anything on the forum): Hello Jordan, Thank you for sending your message to Environment Canada. The plan is to offer the Georgia Basin pressure slope map on our national Weatheroffice site (marine section),...
by jeamer
Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:22 pm
Forum: Comments and Suggestions
Topic: Wick cam
Replies: 3
Views: 4323

Wick cam

Hey Dave, just thought I'd let you in on the new Wickanninish Cam.

http://www.ucluth.ca/

It's OK (not up to BWD standards 8) ), about on par with the cox bay cam, but I thought it might be a worthwhile addition.

J
by jeamer
Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:06 pm
Topic: Jim's weather 'Rant' :
Replies: 46
Views: 14759

That wasn't meant to be mean... I was serious. A lot of budding meteorologists here at UVic.
by jeamer
Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:08 am
Topic: Jim's weather 'Rant' :
Replies: 46
Views: 14759

Anyone else wanna be a JL when they grow up?? I know a few..... :D :D :D
by jeamer
Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:52 pm
Forum: Cool Links Section
Topic: Wildlife @ sombrio
Replies: 1
Views: 1723

Wildlife @ sombrio

Hey, went for a little surf up at sombrio yesterday, and my wife caught both the visitors in one video. Cool stuff! Hard to get perspective from the video, but the whales were about 100 feet away once I got out into the lineup, and there were at least 6 of them. When they lifted their fins out of th...
by jeamer
Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:52 pm
Forum: News
Topic: New Google Wind Maps
Views: 8980

Just noticed the wave data on scroll-over, thanks a bunch! Now we should start a thread to see if anyone else wants the old maps..... I sure don't need em!
by jeamer
Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:10 pm
Topic: Look at the loop!
Replies: 0
Views: 1271

Look at the loop!

I know 9 days is a long time from now, and a lot can (and will) change before then, but

http://www.bigwavedave.ca/forecasts.php?page=5

is kinda hard not to get excited about eh?
by jeamer
Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:51 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Campbell River
Replies: 2
Views: 1073

Yeah but b/c Upper Campbell was logged n flooded there are some DEADLY stumps that you can run into, some in the middle of the lake! Maybe best to check it out in late winter when it's at it's lowest and make a mental map of the best place to go out when it's high... then it could totally be a great...
by jeamer
Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:47 am
Forum: News
Topic: New Google Wind Maps
Views: 8980

Feel like a total dink for requesting anything after all the hard work... but would it be too much to ask to have the swell conditions come up on scroll over for Hein and Halibut? They are always the first things I check, and I loved having the current conditions readily available (especially when I...