Search found 196 matches

by rvanderbyl
Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:23 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: German couple on a big panamericana trip looking for some local people to meet / to surf with
Replies: 4
Views: 889

Re: German couple on a big panamericana trip looking for some local people to meet / to surf with

Stop by the local spots if you're somewhere near Parksville. You'll want to check out Columbia beach and San Pareil. If there is any SE or NW wind respectively. Check the spot guide under the plus sign on the menu for locations. Hope to see you at the beach! 8)
by rvanderbyl
Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:47 am
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Melanie Houston
Replies: 10
Views: 5698

What a loss indeed for the wind community and especially her family. Our hearts go out to Walt and all of her family and friends. I'll never forget watching her sail accross the lake at 6-7 years old with one hand on the boom the other hand adjusting her hair out of her face. Rest in peace Mel. :cry:
by rvanderbyl
Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:06 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: WTF and Used Sales Shaming
Replies: 98
Views: 45607

I paid around $900 for that exact board, brand new, all in, including complete rigging for one sail in 1980.
by rvanderbyl
Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:58 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Salt Spring Island - Foil-kiting Possible?
Replies: 12
Views: 6242

Try sending a pm to bbthelooper (Brad)
by rvanderbyl
Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:57 am
Topic: How come Ray is always lying about San Pariel?
Replies: 14
Views: 7134

Oh they’re real...and they’re fantastic!
by rvanderbyl
Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:46 am
Topic: Wind Surf Rental
Replies: 2
Views: 2522

Hi Mike, not sure if there is anyone who can help. There used to be a windsurf rental place on parksville beach but not sure where He (Kevin) went. I live in San Pareil so chances are if it's windy I'll be sailing. Not really willing to rent out my personal kit. Not sure what you're looking for/abil...
by rvanderbyl
Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:18 pm
Topic: How come Ray is always lying about San Pariel?
Replies: 14
Views: 7134

Thanks for the love people! A little tip for you all. OSR reports on wind speed is best converted to kms/hr. And wave heights...well... I'll leave that to each of you to determine. For the record I am a carpenter so I believe in what I report for wave size but feel free to convert to centimetres if ...
by rvanderbyl
Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:18 pm
Topic: Salt Spring Island - Foil-kiting Possible?
Replies: 12
Views: 6242

bbthelooper. But he doesn't kite anymore anyway. Too dificult on Saltspring. :wink:
by rvanderbyl
Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:56 am
Topic: Online windsurf shop
Replies: 8
Views: 5717

I ordered a sail a few years back and it was delivered within 2 weeks. Another friend of mine has ordered a lot of gear from 2rad with no issues as far as I know. Perhaps they shut down for a winter holiday? I know I'd like to. 8)
by rvanderbyl
Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:39 am
Topic: Dallas Road RV Park Petition
Replies: 7
Views: 6873

Signed even though it doesn't directly affect me. But more because...it's the right thing to do. :D
by rvanderbyl
Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:55 pm
Topic: missing/lost F-one bar at San Pariel Beach
Replies: 1
Views: 2491

I did find a kite pump at the access where the cam is. If you know anyone looking.
by rvanderbyl
Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:21 pm
Topic: Lost/Left Liquid Force Bar and Lines
Replies: 6
Views: 3916

You’re right. You definitely are a kiter. :lol: Hope someone finds it and returns it to you.
by rvanderbyl
Mon May 13, 2019 8:01 pm
Topic: Nitinaht 2019 Campsite Development
Replies: 59
Views: 28452

Good point winddude! Not to mention all the winter blowdown left everywhere. For 20 a night we should be expecting at least a general clean up (raking of branches and other debris) of the campground every spring before the May long weekend preferably. Not to mention painted outhouses for easier summ...
by rvanderbyl
Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:02 pm
Topic: Nitinaht 2019 Campsite Development
Replies: 59
Views: 28452

I like your positive attitude Skywalker but it's not going to change anything on the water imho. People sail where they sail out of habit or because of where the best wind is. ( I know kiters aren't as picky as windsurfers :wink:) As a windsurfer, coming in close to the beach above the kiters there ...
by rvanderbyl
Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:27 pm
Topic: Kiting in Nanaimo
Replies: 38
Views: 18584

Wasn't my point but...