Thank you Dave !!!
by GregK
Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:40 pm
Forum: How to's
Topic: Deleting old PMs ?
Replies: 2
Views: 192

Deleting old PMs ?

Is there a way to select and delete a group of old PMs ? Only way I can see is to open a single message and delete it, which is pretty slow if a mail folder is full of old message.
by GregK
Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:00 pm
Forum: Wingfoiling Buy or Sell
Topic: Lift 95 liter wing foil board for sale
Replies: 3
Views: 1439

Re: Lift 95 liter wing foil board for sale

Perfect board for lighter-weight beginner or 2nd board for a heavier rider, comes with perfectly-fitting Lift board bag, & still available.
by GregK
Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:31 pm
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: Sailing site info gone ??
Replies: 1
Views: 304

Sailing site info gone ??

Anyone here know what happened to the site info that was part of the Wiki before the most recent BWD site update ?
by GregK
Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:45 pm

Re: Lift 95 liter wing foil board for sale

Still available.

Send me a PM here on BWD however it may take a day or two for my reply. If you want a response faster, please email me, gregknow at Shaw dot CA -

Cheers !
by GregK
Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:54 pm

Lift 95 liter wing foil board for sale

Mint condition Lift 95 liter wing foil board, 5'2" length 29.5" width, includes an excellent Lift board bag sized to fit this board - $1,800
Located in Comox
Wing-board-52-95l-2.jpg
by GregK
Wed May 25, 2022 12:53 am
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Older Valve Repair - Ocean Rodeo
Views: 1671

Re: Older Valve Repair - Ocean Rodeo

Joost at Comox Kite Repair ( www.comoxkiterepair.ca ) has replacement valves and can do it if your friend doesn't want to DIY.
by GregK
Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:38 pm
Forum: Wingfoiling Discussion
Topic: Wingfoiling Water start
Replies: 2
Views: 1112

Re: Wingfoiling Water start

Need to sharpen the front wing tips to Razor blades !
After decades of shortboard windsurfing where it wasn't too hard with board and sail connected, I want to learn to wing waterstart that way too.
by GregK
Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:26 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Universal foil mast
Replies: 17
Views: 8103

Kyle - done any FEA's on carbon and aluminium struts, or masts as most North Americans like to call them ? Would love to know how close the stress from typical hydorfoil use is to the fatigue strength of the aluminium alloys used in "masts". Can't be too close as fatigue failures have yet ...
by GregK
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:11 pm
Topic: Kite repair in Greater Victoria
Replies: 4
Views: 3482

Tofino Bus Co have decided to close the Courtenay bus station, so sending kites on the bus up-island is no longer viable ( have to be at the bus stop in Courtenay to meet the bus to ask the driver to unload your package, or not ). For about the same cost as a trip on the bus, provided you have a pic...
by GregK
Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:02 pm
Topic: scha-wing
Replies: 42
Views: 19441

I want mine made from Aluula :D
by GregK
Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:30 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Time commitment for this sport
Replies: 12
Views: 6816

IMO ( and experience albeit a long time ago ) having your kiting days close together is way better for your progression than a day or two a month apart. Go on a holiday somewhere warm and get 5 days in over a week or so and you will almost certainly see a HUGE and permanent improvement. May be rusty...
by GregK
Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:51 pm
Topic: Kiting in Nanaimo
Replies: 38
Views: 18579

Well, Markus, kiters are not "you" and windsurfers are not "us" - many of us, myself included, did or do both. So why should we be more diligent in helping new kiters steer clear of the hazards ? Watch a few kitemares ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU0mEWKf-_Q ) and it's obvio...
by GregK
Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:38 pm
Topic: Kiting in Nanaimo
Replies: 38
Views: 18579

Thanks Kus for updating the Pipers wiki Kiteboarding Hazards sections, and being there to help after it happened. Gotta admit kiting accidents affect me deeply, it's a residual guilt thing from walking past one of the worst kite accidents in the Gorge just seconds before it happened. I thought "...