Search found 83 matches

by saulman
Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:01 pm
Forum: Weather Talk
Topic: Wind Formula for mid-island inlets, any comments?
Replies: 16
Views: 6656

So then applying Murphy's law and the inverse correlation between ability to play and wind speed we have:

day_of_month x Mont_Num/2 + (lunar_cycle^3)/2200 = wind_speed

:wink:
by saulman
Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:51 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Weather station for Wild West Watersports
Replies: 8
Views: 6672

-that was short lived. :cry: Any idea when the station might be back online?
by saulman
Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:53 pm
Topic: Can we cancel the cancellation of the Pressure Slope page?
Replies: 12
Views: 5256

Thanks Gord. That is great news!!! :D

Thanks very much for emailing Jim and posting his response. I'm suprised I didn't get any response yet. I'll have to double check my sentmail.
by saulman
Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:51 pm

Thanks for reminding us Dave. So this is it. They asked us once before and we didn't come through in a bigwavedave way. We have a second chance here folks. -and the last chance. Let 'em know we appreciate p-slope and the work they do and send environment canada an email directly. There will unlikely...
by saulman
Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:09 pm

Here is the latest response fronm enviro Canada:
Hello Saul,

You can send a message to Mr. Jim Steele at explaining why the pressure slope map is important to you.

Bernard
by saulman
Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:32 pm

I am guessing that this is it

but I'm not certain of this or his roll there. If anyone can confirm this or provide a better point of contact please post it.
by saulman
Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:50 pm

Can we cancel the cancellation of the Pressure Slope page?

Calling for Action So it was noted a few weeks back that the Environment Canada pressure slope page was getting canceled soon.:( :( :( Many of you will have seen this little blurb on the page: As of July 20th, the Pressure Slope Pattern website will no longer be available and is subject to review. ...
by saulman
Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:32 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Sail Repair
Replies: 6
Views: 1747

Tuck tape. If it's bad email Paul at
by saulman
Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:55 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Trekking the River Loop
Replies: 10
Views: 2225

Ummm- to bring it back, I think he said "please bring a shovel, pick, pitchfork or hoe". So unless someone is keen to cut a tree down with a pitchfork (which I'd love to see), I'm thinkin there isn't a whole lot of danger here. Chainsaw comments duly noted. Sounds like a great idea Wavos.
by saulman
Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:18 pm
Topic: Board Repair
Replies: 14
Views: 3103

I thought I had seen that before. 8)
by saulman
Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:58 pm

touché :)
by saulman
Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:14 pm

-post a photo Bobson! After taking your old Futura to a shop to have them repair it, I did another board a lot worse and did the repair myself. As Kus lectured me a while back, just get the thing sealed back up and get back out there. While I didn't take his advice entirely, the fiberglassing was pr...
by saulman
Mon May 31, 2010 7:54 pm
Topic: OR Pyro showing signs of wearing at cuffs
Replies: 2
Views: 615

OR Pyro showing signs of wearing at cuffs

I have a Pyro that I bought at the end of last summer (unused older model). It has been serving me well but I am noticing that the material at the cuffs is starting to show signs of wear and is starting to get frayed at the seams. I think the white fleck in the photo is actually the waterproof skin ...
by saulman
Thu May 06, 2010 2:37 pm
Topic: How we use the University of Washington Wind Model
Replies: 226
Views: 85996

Since this topic was started in October of last year, it would be reasonable to expect that there is an entire season of users who are just now coming back to the site for their weather predictions. The wording in Dave's last post might give the impression that the thread is over. However, I'd say t...
by saulman
Wed May 05, 2010 11:33 pm
Topic: No Vent Plug Whooopppsss!
Replies: 17
Views: 4261

Dave's pump is a thing of beauty. Rupe Goldberg never had it so good. It worked really well for doing foamsandwich repair and now has a great liquid dropout sightglass for water removal. Just make sure you have the hi-tech exhaust filter in place or your basement will smell like compressor oil. :wink: