Search found 83 matches

by saulman
Tue May 04, 2010 9:42 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: No Vent Plug Whooopppsss!
Replies: 17
Views: 4261

Adding to Kus' suggestion for evaluating your ding, put a little bit of soap/water solution on the outside before pumping. Works great. if you don't have a kite pump, cut the stem off an old innertube (Schreder) and use a std bike pump. A pump with a pressure gauge helps. Do not put too much pressur...
by saulman
Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:45 pm
Forum: Comments and Suggestions
Topic: Session Log
Replies: 16
Views: 11094

You got it Dave. I think it's great to include all the other spots in the log and to those who are posting from afar: KEEP IT UP! It was only a suggestion to have a way to filter them out if a person chose to.

Kus, is it health to be that happy? Scary.

:wink:
by saulman
Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:34 pm

Holy. Shot down on that one!

S
by saulman
Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:35 pm

Session Log

Wondering if we might be able to have a switch that hides the sessions that aren't from the Pacific North West. Nothing against having them in the log especially for those who want to keep score but for me they kinda get in the way when you're checking what went on that day. Also makes me a little j...
by saulman
Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:22 am
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: flat screen monitor/'TV'
Replies: 5
Views: 2042

We haven't had cable in 10 years. We rent DVDs, get TV series from the library and internet for our news. Our solution has been a projector and screen. We use our living room and the screen is tucked up under a window valence so you cannot see it when it is not being used. Same as OWW we hook up our...
by saulman
Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:20 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Ideal surf vehicle???
Replies: 167
Views: 33190

I second Voodoo man. I had a '93 CX hatchback that I took to Nitinat quite a few times. Riding solo you could easily tip the seat back and carry all your stuff inside even though it was a 2 door hatch. -Put roof racks on the top and you could move to Kingston for a year along with your windsurfing g...
by saulman
Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:48 am
Topic: West system 206 hardener
Replies: 6
Views: 1454

concoct or con-cocked? :lol: Good one.
by saulman
Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:26 am

Got some. All is good.
by saulman
Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:55 am
Topic: To the Mexican crowd
Replies: 0
Views: 581

To the Mexican crowd

Ola Amigos! Due to some pending changes, work will soon cease to be a constriction to my sailing time (no, unfortunately I did not win the lottery). So we are considering a little drive. -to Mexico /the baja. "We" would include my wife and our two kids ages 5 and 3, and myself. To be polit...
by saulman
Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:42 pm
Topic: Maintaining latex drysuit seals. Any suggestions?
Views: 1593

Maintaining latex drysuit seals. Any suggestions?

Razor blades and fire don't seem to be working for me. [smilie=flamer.gif] Actually, the seals are in great shape now. I just want to keep them that way as long as possible. I saw the Seal Saver stuff from mcnett. Does anyone use it? What's it supposed to do? Any similar products? Any other suggesti...
by saulman
Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:45 pm
Topic: How we use the University of Washington Wind Model
Replies: 226
Views: 86010

I missed that one. Thanks MF4. I was actually curious about the traffic on Dave's forecast summary pages? As was pointed out earlier, people hitting Dave's forecast summary pages are saving bandwidth that would otherwise be hitting the U's severs directly. If the U is worried about folks viewing the...
by saulman
Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:51 pm

Question for BWD

Hey Dave, I'm guessing you track page hits for the forecast page. Can you give us some stats? Daily avg or total/month?

S
by saulman
Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:42 pm

I check this at a minimum of daily often using my blackberry with Opera. More typically I check the UW forecast two or three times a day. When I have any flex to my schedule, I use it to plan my week. The forecast from UW is the goldmine for me. The layout is perfect for windsports and for boating w...
by saulman
Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:30 am

West system 206 hardener

Anyone in the nanaimo area have some 206 slow hardener they could share for a nose repair?

S
by saulman
Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:54 am
Topic: Sail repair
Replies: 1
Views: 874

Sail repair

Looking to have a blown out panel replaced in my 7.5 m (or buy a suitable replacement if anyone's selling.)

I know of UK Halsey in Victoria but rumour is they are pretty pricey. Anyone else doing sail repairs on the island?

How about mainland options?

S