Search found 263 matches

by Mattdog
Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:08 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: New Tip for Drying Booties
Replies: 47
Views: 9078

Hey MF4 that newspaper tip was mine too. I get obsessed about the small stuff apparently. But I was way too lazy to scrunch up newspaper so the top of the dryer thing is a revelation for me. :lol: :lol: Oh and I realized this morning that all dryers are front loading. :roll: DOH. so it should work w...
by Mattdog
Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:27 pm
Topic: New Tip for Drying Booties
Replies: 47
Views: 9078

New Tip for Drying Booties

I discovered this today by accident:

After rinsing and draining you booties upside down for a spell, sit them on top of the dryer. I have a front loader which makes this more practical. After a few dryer loads the boots should be dry inside!
by Mattdog
Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:25 pm
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: Authority is not the truth, truth is the authority!
Replies: 95
Views: 23958

Great new alternative documentary movie on history of modern society and the massive changes about to broadside all of us. Its called, "What a Way to Go. Life at the End of the Empire." Written and directed by Tim Bennet: http://www.whatawaytogomovie.com/ Highly recommended and a very inte...
by Mattdog
Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:32 pm
Topic: Jordan River is UP FOR SALE
Replies: 137
Views: 27692

has anyone contacted the Land Conservancy or Land Trust .. There's a couple of them, provincial and national. Is there any habitat value to that point and shore area? I mean other than habitat for the transient Neopreno Sapiens population. At least we can rest assured that if Bear Mountain goes ahea...
by Mattdog
Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:21 pm

Hey, Why dont a bunch of us get together and buy the access property? IF you could get 2,000 people to pay $500 each that would be 1 million bucks. Or 5,000 to pay $500 would be 2.5 mil. It would be set up as a land trust. Could be a great opportunity. If you consider that people who surf there migh...
by Mattdog
Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:25 pm
Forum: Directions to Island Sailing Spots
Topic: Rebecca Spit, Quadra Island
Replies: 2
Views: 2047

Rebecca Spit, Quadra Island

Perfect orientation for SE winds. Maybe NW too? Not certain how well the wind blows there but I'll be checking it out. Wind stats for Cape Mudge aren't as windy as for Comox Airport though I'm not certain if they are comparable ... http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/explore/parkpgs/rebecca/park_map.ht...
by Mattdog
Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:56 am
Forum: News
Topic: Spare webcam-where should it go?
Replies: 46
Views: 30605

Rvan, I've been skunked on so many NW at San Pariel, I just dont see the use ...

The NW only lasts an hour or two. By the time you get there, its over.

Sorry
by Mattdog
Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:51 am

Comox spit cam, It's a place where there is hardly any uncertainty in wind conditions. If it's blowing at cape lazo or comox, its blowing at the spit. And it blows often and for a long time. So it would serve no value as a diagnostic tool. I know there are a few kiters and windsurfers from Nanaimo w...
by Mattdog
Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:48 am
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Chile looks like a good destination
Replies: 2
Views: 761

cold water though I think. But Feb and March would be summer there ...
by Mattdog
Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:08 am

San Pareil is actually a pretty decent point break on a strong NW - rare for the Island. But only three or four people would benefit from a web cam. The NW wind is just way too fleeting there.
by Mattdog
Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:50 pm

We tend to kite San Pareil (south end of Parksville, not quite Nanoose) in Summer for Southeast, and very rarely NW. Summer NW is really Lantzville to Nanaimo. I've seen nice waves there when NW does hit but it usually only lasts an hour or two.
by Mattdog
Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:30 am
Topic: Dumb Questions about Baja
Replies: 16
Views: 3246

Humidity and heat? Just go to Ottawa this Saturday where its going to be 30C!! :shock:
by Mattdog
Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:26 pm

great chance to form a watersports co-op to buy the waterfront chunk. Has anyone ever tried getting a coop like this for sports to buy land I wonder? Then an annual membership fee to pay for the mortgage on it. And install some big wind machines too. Great if TLC can buy it but shouldnt the surfers ...
by Mattdog
Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:23 pm

"I still say the moral climate of the US leadership is worse today than in past decades. " Well perhaps this only true because they have more money to throw at evil pursuits than ever before with the Fed printing phantom dollars to support the whole Ponzi scheme. Remember Bush's grandaddy ...
by Mattdog
Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:05 am

Jeeps, Now I'm wasting time on this dumb thing. :roll: :roll: :roll: Awesome - here's a stinger. the new lease owner won $7 Billion in insurance - wowza http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEuJimaumW4 BBC Reported Building 7 Collapse 20 Minutes Before It Fell http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7SwOT29gbc Al...